Go to My Computer, click Devices with Removable Storage > right-click SD card or USB drive and choose Properties > choose to Remove write-protection.
How do I remove write protection on a USB drive online?
To remove write-protection in USB, pen drive or SD card, right-click the file you want to copy and select Properties. Then you can view three options on the bottom, among them, please ensure that the Read-only option is unchecked. Finally, click Apply to let this change effective.
How do I remove write protection from online?
Removal of write protection with the Diskpart utility
- list disk and press Enter. (This command displays a list of drives connected to your PC).
- select disk 0 (Replace 0 with the write-protected device number) and hit Enter.
- attributes disk clear readonly and confirm, with Enter. …
- exit (exit from diskpart utility)
How do you remove write protection on a hard drive?
How to Remove Write Protection from Disk
- Open File Explorer and then right-click on the write-protected drive.
- Select ‘Properties’ and then click the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Under the ‘Error Checking’ option, click the ‘Check’ button. A pop up appears.
How can I remove write protection from my SanDisk pen drive online?
Type Regedit in Windows search box to go Registry Editor. 3. Double click the WriteProtect, Change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK to save this change. Then exit the Registry Editor and restart your PC, insert your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD again, you’ll find the SanDisk device is not write-protected anymore.
How do I fix a write-protected SanDisk?
Download SanDisk write protected format tool to solve the write-protected issue. Insert your SanDisk USB/flash drive/pen drive/SD card/external hard drive to your PC, then right-click write-protected SanDisk drive and select “Format” option.
How can I format a write-protected SD card?
Right click the write protected SD card and select “Format Partition”. Step 2. Choose a compatible file system for your Windows OS such as FAT32, and you can also edit a special partition label and change cluster size in this window. Click “OK” to continue.
Why is my hard drive write-protected?
What Is “The Disk Is Write Protected” Error? Once your USB flash disk, SD card, internal or external hard drive is write-protected, it means that your device is unavailable for making any changes, such as add files, remove saved data, or format the drive. The only way out is to remove write protection.
How do I make my hard drive not read only?
#3. Change Permission to Make a Drive not Read-Only
- Open Windows File Explorer in Windows 10/8/7.
- Connect the read-only drive to PC, right-click on the drive, and select “Properties”.
- Under the Security tab, tick “Read” and “Write” in the Allow column. Click “Apply”.
Why is my media write-protected?
On write-protected media, you can read and copy files, but you can’t write to and delete files. Your USB drive and SD cards may become write protected because of a virus, or because the lock switch on the media has been enabled.