Or, press the Windows key and R to bring up the Run.. box and type cmd.exe and press Enter. Type “del” or “ren” into the prompt, depending on whether you wish to delete or rename the file, and hit space once. Drag and drop the locked file with your mouse into the command prompt.
How do I delete protected files on my computer?
How to Delete a Locked File in Windows 10
- Locate the folder you wish to delete. …
- Download Process Explorer from Microsoft’s website, and press OK on the pop-up window.
- Double click processexp64 to extract the file.
- Choose Extract All.
- Click Open.
- Double click the procexp64 application to open the application.
- Select Run.
How do I remove protected files in Windows 10?
To do that, follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Defender and go Protected folders option.
- Click on the listed folder you want to remove, then click the Remove button.
- Click Yes to continue the deletion. Enter UAC permission when prompted.
How do you delete a file that is Undeletable?
Press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” simultaneously and choose “Task Manager” to open it. Find the application where your data is in use. Select it and click “End task”. Try to delete the undeletable information once again.
How do you delete a file in Windows that won’t delete?
You can try to use CMD (Command Prompt) to force delete a file or folder from Windows 10 computer, SD card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.
Force Delete a File or Folder in Windows 10 with CMD
- Use “DEL” command to force delete a file in CMD: …
- Press Shift + Delete to force delete a file or folder.
What files to delete to break windows?
If you actually did delete your System32 folder, this would break your Windows operating system and you’d need to reinstall Windows to get it working properly again. To demonstrate, we tried deleting the System32 folder so we can see exactly what happens.
How do I delete stubborn folder?
To delete stubborn files or folder, you need to download and install Unlocker Utility at here. After install Unlocker Utility, open it from Start Menu. Browse Files or Folder that you cannot delete and lick OK.
How do I remove write protected files?
If the file is write-protected, you will be prompted for confirmation, as shown below. To remove the file type y , and hit Enter . Otherwise, if the file is not write-protected, it will be deleted without prompting. To delete multiple files at once, use the rm command followed by the file names separated by space.
How do I permanently delete exe files?
Go to your recycle bin and open it by double clicking on your left mouse button; in the recycle bin, choose the . EXE file and right click on the file with your mouse. Then choose the delete option to fully remove the . EXE file.
How do I get administrator permission to delete a file?
You will have to take ownership of the folder and here is what you need to do. Right-click on the folder that you want to delete and go to Properties. After that, you will see a Security tab. Switch to that tab.
How do I delete a folder that Cannot be deleted?
Method 2. Delete the File/Folder with Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key + R and type cmd to open the Command Prompt or just search for Command Prompt at the start.
- In the Command Prompt, enter del and location of folder or file you want to delete, and press “Enter” (for example del c:usersJohnDoeDesktoptext.
How do I force delete a folder?
To remove a directory and all its contents, including any subdirectories and files, use the rm command with the recursive option, -r . Directories that are removed with the rmdir command cannot be recovered, nor can directories and their contents removed with the rm -r command.
How do I delete a video that won’t delete?
How to delete files that won’t delete
- Method 1. Close apps.
- Method 2. Close Windows Explorer.
- Method 3. Reboot Windows.
- Method 4. Use Safe Mode.
- Method 5. Use a software deletion app.