How do I check my McAfee agent status?
Monitor the McAfee Agent status
- On the managed Mac, click the McAfee menulet on the status bar, then select McAfee Agent Status Monitor.
- Select one of these options as required: Collect and Send Props — Send properties to the McAfee ePO server. Send Events — Send events to the McAfee ePO server.
How do I update my McAfee agent?
Upgrade the agent manually
- Copy FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system. …
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is upgraded.
- Click OK to complete the upgrade.
What version of McAfee agent is installed Linux?
Copyright (c) 2017 McAfee, Inc.
Check the installed Threat Prevention and Platform package version from ePO:
- Log on to the ePO console.
- Go to the System Tree.
- Click any managed Linux system.
- Click the Products tab.
- View the installed Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention and Platform package version.
How do I run McAfee agent from command prompt?
Run CmdAgent.exe with administrative permissions:
- Open a command prompt as an administrator. Press the Windows key + R. …
- Change directories to locate the CmdAgent.exe file.
- Run the command with the appropriate switch. NOTE: This action is only needed once per logon session.
How do I download the latest McAfee agent?
Download the McAfee Agent frame package file
- In McAfee ePO, select System Tree → New Systems.
- For How to add systems, select Create and download agent installation package.
- For version, select Windows and 5.0. 5 or later.
- Click OK to download a valid McAfee Agent installation package from your McAfee ePO server.
How do I check my Windows McAfee status?
View McAfee Agent Status Monitor
- On the managed system, right-click the McAfee Agent icon in the system tray, then select McAfee Agent Status Monitor. …
- Click Save Contents to Desktop to save the contents of the McAfee Agent log to a file. …
- When finished viewing the McAfee Agent log, click Close.
How do I manually install McAfee agent?
- Copy the installation package, FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system.
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is installed.
What is McAfee agent key updater?
This package can be used to update these certificates. agent key updater package: Agent Key Updater package is required to distribute new pair of master keys on update from the ePO managed repositories.
How do I install McAfee agent on Linux?
Installing McAfee Agent on Linux / CentOS
- STEP 1: Upload the Installers.
- STEP 2: Extract and Run installer.
- STEP 3: ePO Service Check.
- STEP 4: Check status on ePU GUI.
- STEP 1: Extract and Start Installer.
- STEP 2: Configure ePO VirusScaner.
- STEP 3: Login to McAfee Virus Scan.
- STEP 4: Managing McAfee VirusScan for Linux.
How do I run McAfee agent?
Use the Command Agent tool to perform selected McAfee Agent tasks from the managed system. Different Command Agent tools are available for Windows and non-Windows operating systems.
McAfee Agent command-line options
- Windows — <Program Files>McAfeeAgent.
- Linux — /opt/McAfee/Agent/bin.
- Macintosh —/Library/McAfee/Agent/bin.
Do I need antivirus with Linux?
Anti-virus software does exist for Linux, but you probably don’t need to use it. Viruses that affect Linux are still very rare. Some argue that this is because Linux is not as widely used as other operating systems, so no one writes viruses for it.
How do I enable McAfee drive encryption?
- Click Start, Run, type services. msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click each of the following services and select Restart: McAfee Framework Service. McAfee Drive Encryption Agent.
- Close the services window.
- In the system tray, launch the McAfee Agent Monitor.
- Click Enforce Policies. Disk encryption begins.
How do I know if McAfee is installed on Windows?
- Open the Start Menu.
- Select Setttings from the list of applications.
- Select Apps.
- You will see a list of all the apps installed on your computer. Find McAfee on the list. You may have multiple McAfee programs listed. …
- Select the entry in the list.
- A version number will be displayed below the name.