When you set up your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account and accept the recommended settings. If you don’t turn it on during setup, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn on Reset Protection. To turn off Reset Protection, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn off Reset Protection.
How do I turn off Microsoft account reset protection?
To turn off Reset Protection when you no longer own the phone
- Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
- Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
- Select the I’m ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select Remove.
What is reset protection Microsoft?
Reset Protection is a free service on account.microsoft.com that provides an extra layer of protection so that if your phone ends up in the wrong hands, it can’t be easily reset or reused. (Reset Protection is available only for some new phones running build 8.10.
How do I get my Windows phone recovery key?
Click on the “Devices” tab and then the “Your devices” option on the drop down menu. Scroll to your device. If you need a Recovery Key, the option should appear in the device listing to see the code. If reset protection is engaged, ONLY the Microsoft Account the device is registered to can retrieve the key.
Where do I find reset protection?
Turn Android Factory Reset Protection on or off
- On the menu sidebar, under MANAGE, click Devices.
- Click the device for which you want to set the FRP status.
- On the Show device page, click Actions > Set Factory Reset Protection.
- Select Turn on FRP or Turn off FRP.
How do I turn off FRP before resetting?
Removing the factory reset protection (FRP)
- On the phone’s home screen, tap Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap on the account you wish to remove.
- Select More in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Remove Account.
How do you remove contact protection?
How do I disable Android Device Protection from my device?
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Find the Accounts option.
- Under Accounts, select Google.
- You will now see a list of Google emails that are linked to your device. …
- You will now see Sync Settings for the selected account. …
- Now select Remove Account.
How do I turn off reset this computer?
The best way to disable this feature is to do the following in the running Windows environment. Type in reagentc.exe /disable from the command prompt. This will disable the Reset this PC feature from the Advanced Startup option, with other servicing options intact.
How do you close your Microsoft account?
Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts . Under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, select the account you want to remove, and then select Manage. Select Delete account from this device. Select Delete to confirm.
How do you hard reset a Windows phone?
Master reset from settings menu
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap about.
- Scroll down and tap reset your phone.
- Read the warning about your personal content being erased.
- Tap yes.
- Tap yes again to confirm.
How do I find my recovery key ID?
Where can I find my BitLocker recovery key?
- In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key: …
- On a printout you saved: Your recovery key may be on a printout that was saved when BitLocker was activated.
Can BitLocker be bypassed?
BitLocker sleep mode vulnerability can bypass Windows’ full disk encryption. … BitLocker is Microsoft’s implementation of full disk encryption. It is compatible with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs) and encrypts data stored on disk to prevent unauthorized access in cases of device theft or remote attacks.
What is a recovery key?
The recovery key is a 256 bit key printed in the form of 24 words. It can be used to recover your account if you have: Forgotten your passphrase. Lost access to your phone number for two-factor authentication codes.