Assignment locking is valuable when you want to assign a certain policy at the top of the System Tree and make sure that no other users remove it. Assignment locking does not prevent the policy owner from changing policy settings.
What is McAfee ePO policy?
Policies enable you to configure managed products and apply the configuration to systems in your network, all from the McAfee ePO console. Policies are collections of settings that you create, configure, and apply, then enforce.
How do I assign a policy in McAfee ePO?
Assign a policy to a managed system
- Select Menu → Systems → System Tree, click Systems tab, then select a group under System Tree. …
- Select a system, then click Actions → Agent → Modify Policies on a Single System. …
- Select a product. …
- Locate the policy category you want, then click Edit Assignments.
How do I enforce a McAfee policy?
Select a system, then click Actions → Agent → Edit Policies on a Single System to open the Policy Assignment page. Select a product, then click Enforcing next to Enforcement status. Select Break inheritance and assign the policy and settings below. Next to Enforcement status, select Enforcing or Not enforcing.
How do I disable McAfee Antivirus from ePO?
- Log on as Administrator.
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Enterprise, VirusScan Console .
- Right-click Access Protection and click Disable .
- Leave the console open.
What is the purpose of McAfee ePO?
With McAfee ePO software, IT administrators can unify security management across endpoints, networks, data, and compliance solutions from McAfee and third-party solutions. McAfee ePO software provides flexible, automated management capabilities so you identify, manage, and respond to security issues and threats.
How do I refresh a McAfee policy and task?
Update McAfee Policy Auditor content
- Select Menu → Software → Server Tasks.
- Next to Update Master Repository, click Run. Do not restart your machine or use McAfee Policy Auditor or McAfee Benchmark Editor while McAfee ePO is adding content.
How do you disable McAfee?
How to disable McAfee SecurityCenter
- Right-click the McAfee icon at the bottom-right corner of your Windows Desktop.
- Select Change settings > Real-time Scanning from the menu.
- In the Real-Time Scanning status window, click the Turn off button.
- You can now specify when you want Real-Time Scanning to resume.
Why does McAfee scanner service use so much CPU?
All McAfee real-time antimalware scanners operate by inserting a component that is used to monitor all disk access requests made by any process running in memory. … The real-time antimalware scanner CPU use is proportional to the amount of disk activity that occurs on the system.