Is a security guard a good career?
A job as a security guard can be anything you want it to be: a reliable career choice, an exciting opportunity to help people, or a stepping stone to other pursuits. Whichever you choose, becoming a security officer can put you on the road to success.
Can security guards make good money?
The annual wage for security guards ranges from $21,150 to $50,310. The median annual wage in the United States is $29,680. … As you can see in the table below, the District of Columbia’s median hourly wage is substantially higher at $21.16, and on the high end, it goes all the way up to $30.70 per hour.
What other jobs can a security guard do?
Here are some of the most interesting jobs of former security officers:
- Site Supervisor.
- Shift Supervisor.
- Emergency Medical Technician.
- Deputy Sheriff.
- Assets Protection Specialist.
- Loss Prevention Agent.
- Package Handler.
How can a security guard make more money?
Three Easy Ways to EARN MORE as a Security Officer
- Training. The quickest & easiest way to earn more as a security officer is to get more training. …
- Transportation & Availability. These work hand-in-hand because your availability and having reliable transportation has a huge impact on your schedule. …
- The Right Team.
What are the highest paying security jobs?
Top 10 Highest-Paying Security Careers for 2020
- Risk Manager. …
- Systems, Network, and/or Web Penetration Tester. …
- Network Security Engineer. …
- Network Security Administrator. …
- Cyber Crime Investigator. …
- Information Security Analyst. …
- Security Analyst. …
- Security Manager.
How many hours a week do security guards work?
Guards usually work at least 8-hour shifts for 40 hours per week and often are on call in case an emergency arises. Some employers have three shifts, and Guards rotate to divide daytime, weekend, and holiday work equally. Guards usually eat on the job instead of taking a regular break away from the site.
How much do security gate guards make?
Gate Guard Salaries
|Securitas Security Services USA Gate Guard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$43,529/yr|
|WestRock Gate Guard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$18/hr|
|Select Energy Services Gate Guard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$14/hr|
|HackerAgency Gate Guard salaries – 1 salaries reported||$20/hr|
What qualifications do I need to be a security guard?
What do I need to do to become a security officer?
- be aged 18 or over.
- pass identity and criminal record checks.
- complete relevant approved SIA training.
- You can take an approved SIA course at a college or training centre before applying for work.