If you use a shared computer, one way to keep other users off certain apps is to require a password for opening that app. You can password-protect individual applications with a third-party application.
Can you put a password on an application?
You can lock with a passcode, a PIN, a whole password or even your fingerprint or iris. To put apps in a Secure Folder on your Samsung Android phone: Go to Settings and select “Biometrics and security.” Tap on “Secure Folder,” then “Lock type.”
Can I password protect an application Windows 10?
Windows 10 only supports password protecting folders and individual files. Programs themselves are not supported at this time. if you do wish to do this, you can right click any file or folder (outside of the system) and then go to Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data.
How do I password protect a program?
Built-in folder encryption
- Navigate to the folder/file you want to encrypt.
- Right click on the item. …
- Check Encrypt contents to secure data.
- Click OK, then Apply.
- Windows then asks whether you wish to encrypt the file only, or its parent folder and all the files within it as well.
Can I lock apps on iPhone?
You can lock apps on your iPhone from the Settings app with Screen Time. Locking apps prevents you from overusing them by implementing a passcode-protected time limit. Apple’s Screen Time feature lets you set a time limit on any app or website.
How do you put a lock on WhatsApp?
Enable fingerprint lock
- Open WhatsApp > tap More options > Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Fingerprint lock.
- Turn on Unlock with fingerprint.
- Touch the fingerprint sensor to confirm your fingerprint.
- You can tap to select the amount of time before fingerprint authentication is prompted.
How do you put a password on Windows 10 apps?
Double-click the app icon to launch it. The first thing you’ll be asked to do when launching the app is to add a password. Enter a strong password and type it again to confirm it. If necessary, add a hint and your email address to recover the password in case you forget.
How do I password protect my computer Windows 10?
Set a device password on Windows 10 device
Go to the Start menu > Settings. The system settings open. Select Accounts > Sign-in options. Select Password > Change.
How do I password protect a folder in Windows 10?
How to password protect a folder or file in Windows 10
- Using File Explorer, right-click on a file or folder you want password protected.
- Click on Properties at the bottom of the context menu.
- Click on Advanced…
- Select “Encrypt contents to secure data” and click on Apply.
How do I Encrypt a folder with a password?
How to password protect a folder in Windows
- Open Windows Explorer and find the folder you want to password protect, and then right-click on it.
- Select “Properties.”
- Click “Advanced.”
- At the bottom of the Advanced Attributes menu that appears, check the box labeled “Encrypt contents to secure data.”
- Click “OK.”
Why can’t I put a password on a folder?
Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties. Select the Advanced… button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box. Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select Apply, and then select OK.
Can I password protect a PDF file?
Open the PDF and choose Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Encrypt with Password. If you receive a prompt, click Yes to change the security. Select Require a Password to Open the Document, then type the password in the corresponding field. … Acrobat X And Later (PDF 1.7) encrypts the document using 256-bit AES.