How can I lock a drive without BitLocker?
How to Lock Drive on Windows 10 Without BitLocker by Using a Drive Lock Tool
- Hide files and folders on a local disk, USB flash drive, or external hard drive. …
- Encrypt files and password-protect folders to GFL or EXE format files with an advanced AES encryption algorithm.
How do I password protect a drive in Windows 10 without BitLocker?
Windows 10 Home doesn’t include BitLocker, but you can still protect your files using “device encryption.”
Disabling device encryption
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Device encryption.
- Under the “Device encryption” section, click the Turn off button.
- Click the Turn off button again to confirm.
How do I password protect a specific drive?
Way 1: Set hard drive password in Windows 10 in File Explorer
- Step 1: Open This PC, right-click a hard drive and choose Turn on BitLocker in the context menu.
- Step 2: In the BitLocker Drive Encryption window, select Use a password to unlock the drive, enter a password, reenter the password and then tap Next.
How do I lock a BitLocker drive?
And you will find that there is a Lock the Drive option in the right-click menu of BitLocker drive. You can lock the drive by tapping the Lock button now.
How can I lock folder?
Built-in folder encryption
- Navigate to the folder/file you want to encrypt.
- Right click on the item. …
- Check Encrypt contents to secure data.
- Click OK, then Apply.
- Windows then asks whether you wish to encrypt the file only, or its parent folder and all the files within it as well.
How do I password protect a folder Windows 10?
Select Set Password from the System menu.
- Enter a password and click Ok. …
- Select “Add Folder” from the Files & Folders menu. …
- Choose your folder or file by clicking the “…” button to the right of the Path field.
- Uncheck “Accessible.” …
- Toggle Visible to on, if you want the file / folder’s icon to be seen when locked.
How do I lock a drive with BitLocker in Windows 10?
To configure BitLocker on a secondary drive, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Control Panel and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption. …
- Under the “Fixed data drives” section, click the Turn on BitLocker option for the secondary drive.
How do I encrypt a folder in Windows 10?
How To Encrypt Files (Windows 10)
- Right-click on the folder or file you want to encrypt.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the dialogue box, click Advanced.
- Under “Compress or Encrypt attributes,” check the box for “Encrypt contents to secure data.” …
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
How do I bypass a password on an external hard drive?
How to Unlock Hard Drive with Password?
- Step 1 Search “Control Panel” to “Bitlocker Drive Encryption”.
- Step 2 Turn on “Bitlocker”.
- Step 3 Enter the password to finish encryption.
- Step 1 Press “Win+R” to arouse “Run” interface.
- Step 3 Choose the locked drive to perform a quick “Format”
How do I put a password on my Transcend hard drive?
Locking the Drive
- Go to “Disk Lock” in the main menu.
- Select the disk you would like to lock.
- Enter a password combination that consists of 4-16 characters without space. Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Click “Lock” to complete.
How do I lock my D drive?
From start menu go to computers or Press the windows button key + E to open the windows explorer. After that choose which hard drive you like to lock by applying password. After that, click right on the drive that you want to lock and select “Turn on Bitlocker”.