How do I allow a port in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Open the Policies tab and select Endpoint Protection on the left navigation pane. …
- Under Network Protection – Expand Firewall Rules and click Add Rule.
- In the dialog that Opens name the rule as desired and set the rule parameters allow necessary communication.
How do I allow a site in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
To create a rule to allow only selected websites, please follow the steps below.
- Go to firewall policy> Rules.
- Click on Add Rule. Select Host > Next > From Address Type drop down menu select DNS domain.
- Enter DNS Domain as *. *symantec*. …
- Click Next > Click Finish. …
- Once the rule is created, highlight the new rule.
How do I change the port 8443 of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
To reconfigure the SEPM Server port:
- Click Start > Run.
- Type services. …
- Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Service.
- Click Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager > Management Server Configuration Wizard.
- Select Reconfigure the Management Server, and change the default of 8443 to an open port.
How do I whitelist in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console. Click on Policies>Intrusion Prevention. Select the Intrusion Prevention policy you wish to update and click Edit the policy. Click Exceptions>Add and select the desired ID(s) from the exceptions list.
What ports need to be open for Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Communication ports for Symantec Endpoint Protection Last Updated May 27, 2021
|Protocol and port number||Used for|
|TCP 1433||Communication between a remote SQL Server database and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager|
|TCP 8443||Server communication (HTTPS)|
|TCP 8444||Web services for Symantec Protection Center (SPC) 2.0|
How do I add exceptions to Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Creating an Exception for an Application
- Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) and go to the Policies page.
- On the Exceptions Policy page, click Exceptions.
- Click Add > Windows Exceptions > Application.
- In the View drop-down list, select All, Watched Applications, or User-allowed Applications.
How do you check if Symantec Firewall is enabled?
How do I check to see if Symantec Endpoint Protection is already installed on my University-owned computer? Windows: Find Symantec EndPoint Protection in your Programs or quickly find it by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing “Symantec”.
How do I unblock an application in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Type the following commands to open the Administrative User Interface: cd c: cd program filesSymantec. …
- In the interface that opens, click on Settings.
- Select Firewall.
- Select the Program Control tab.
- Locate the program being blocked and change the setting to allow.
Does port 445 need to be open?
Note that blocking TCP 445 will prevent file and printer sharing – if this is required for business, you may need to leave the port open on some internal firewalls. If file sharing is needed externally (for example, for home users), use a VPN to provide access to it.
What is the use of port 135?
Port 135 is used by Messenger Service (not MSN Messenger) and exploited in popup net send messenger spam [MSKB 330904]. To stop the popups you’d need to filter port 135 at the firewall level or stop the messenger service. The service uses all the following ports: 135/tcp, 135/udp, 137/udp 138/udp, 139/tcp, 445/tcp.
How do I change my Symantec Endpoint Protection firewall?
To modify the firewall rules or settings
- To modify the firewall rules or settings.
- Go to. Policies. …
- Under. General Settings. …
- Do any one of the following tasks: Under. …
- To enable a setting on the client that the user can configure, under. User Interaction Settings. …
- To find which applications are allowed or blocked, go to the. Home.
How do I open Symantec manager?
To log on to the console locally:
- Go to. Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. .
- In the. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. logon dialog box, type the user name ( admin. by default) and the password that you configured during the installation. …
- Click. Log On. .
How do I block an application in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Go to the Action Tab in “Launch Process Attempts”. Select the Block Access in the “Launch Process Attempts” and check “enable logging”. Select Ok. Assign the policy to the required Group.
How do I check exclusions in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
For all versions prior to 14.3 RU1, the steps below can be used.
- Start > Run > Regedit.
- Browse to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESYMANTECSYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTIONAVEXCLUSIONS. …
- Expand the key to view the various applications listed there.