|1||On the HomePage, open the Virus and Spyware Protection drawer.|
|3||Open the Excluded Files and Folders drawer.|
|4||Click Add Folder.|
|5||Choose the file you want to exclude from your scan, then click Open.|
How do I add a folder to McAfee exclusion list?
- Go to Start > All Programs > McAfee > Virus Scan Console.
- Select On-Access Scanner.
- Go to Task > Properties > All Processes > Detection.
- Click Exclusions.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse, and navigate to the directory you want to exclude. …
- Click OK.
- Click on the red X box to close the Set Exclusions window.
How do I add exclusions to McAfee?
Adding an Exception to McAfee Firewall
Open the main McAfee window and then click on settings gear icon from the upper right-hand corner. Now, select Firewall from the displayed context menu. Select Internet Connections for Programs drop-down menu. Click on [Add] button to add an exception.
How do I check McAfee exclusions?
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console .
- Right-click On-Access Scanner and select Properties .
- Click All Processes, Detection, Exclusions .
How do I stop McAfee from scanning folders?
Unfortunately, McAfee doesn’t have an option to exclude an entire folder. You will have to exclude the files in the folder individually to exclude the contents of the folder. If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How do I add a program to the McAfee trusted list?
How to add programs to the Trusted List?
- Under Common Tasks, click Home.
- On the SecurityCenter Home pane, click Computer & Files.
- In the Computer & Files information area, click. Configure.
- On the Computer & Files Configuration pane, ensure. …
- Click Trusted Lists in the Virus Protection pane.
How do I allow a website through McAfee Firewall?
Re: How to unblock a website on McAfee LiveSafe
- Open McAfee.
- Click Web and Email Protection or click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Firewall, scroll down, and then click Net Guard.
- Select the IP Address listed for the site that you want to access. …
- Click Edit, and then change Block to Allow.
How do I tell McAfee to trust a program?
How to Add a Trusted Application in McAfee
- Open the VirusScan Console and click “On-Access Scanner” from the task list.
- Click “Properties” and then “Exclusions” from the side panel.
- Click “Exclude by File Name/Location” and enter the exact location of the file. …
- Adjust the remaining options if necessary.
How do I allow remote desktop through McAfee Firewall?
If you want to allow RDP through the McAfee Security Center, you can do so easily with basic computer skills. Open the McAfee Security center, click on the “Internet & Network” section and then click on the “Configure” link. Click on the “Firewall protection is enabled” section and then click on the “Advanced” button.
How do I exclude a file from McAfee Endpoint Security?
- Log on to the ePO console.
- Click Menu, Policy, Policy Catalog.
- Select Endpoint Security Threat Prevention from the Product drop-down list.
- Select On-Access Scan from the Category drop-down list.
- Click the policy name.
- Click Show Advanced.
- Navigate to the Process Settings section, Exclusions list.
How do I add exclusions to Windows Defender?
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do I uninstall McAfee?
On your Android device, go to Settings > Location & Security > Device Administrators and deselect McAfee Mobile Security. Then, go back to Settings and tap Applications > Installed Applications/Manage Applications > McAfee Mobile Security. Select Options > Uninstall (or Remove).
How do I whitelist in McAfee?
Allow by adding to whitelist for specific endpoints
- On the McAfee ePO console, select Menu → Application Control → Policy Discovery to open the Policy Discovery page.
- Click a row to review request details in the Request Details page. …
- Click Allow Locally for a row. …
- Review and customize the listed paths. …
- Click OK.
Why does McAfee keep popping up on my computer?
However, if you are continuously seeing pop-ups like the “Your McAfee subscription has expired” pop-up scam, then your computer might be infected with a malicious program and you need to scan your device for adware and remove it. … Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.