You can retrieve the code using the Endpoint Encryption Tech Code Generator tool. Tech Code generators are now available on the Product Downloads site at http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/. Use the Endpoint Encryption Tech Code Generator ( techcode.exe ) to generate the Code of the Day.
How do I find my McAfee recovery code?
Provide the recovery key to the user
- Log on to the McAfee ePO server as an administrator.
- Click Menu → Data Protection → Management of Native Encryption recovery.
How do I find my McAfee drive encryption username?
At the client, right-click on the McAfee Agent icon, Quick Settings, Show Drive Encryption Status. Click Save Machine Info and save the text file to the local hard-disk. The file will contain all the PBFS details. The user name will be listed in the Machine Info file section under Assigned Users.
How do you use emergency boot on McAfee drive encryption?
You can select a floppy disk or USB drive, and then click OK. The Authentication status changes to Authenticated with File. Under Actions, click Emergency Boot. You see the DETech emergency boot operating system message.
How do I restore McAfee?
- Restart the client system.
- Click Options → Recovery.
- Select the Administrator / Smartphone Recovery for the recovery type, then click OK to open the Recovery dialog box with the challenge code.
- Read the Challenge Code and get the Response Code from the administrator who manages McAfee ePO.
What is challenge key in McAfee?
The Challenge Code pane under Menu | Data Protection | Encryption Recovery allows you to perform the system recovery by typing the challenge code generated in the client system. Specifies the challenge code generated in the client system.
How do I decrypt my hard drive with McAfee?
Decryption via console 5.1. 3
- Click Client Task Catalog.
- Expand McAfee Agent > Product Deployment.
- Click Actions > New Task.
- Choose Product Deployment.
- Type a name “Decrypt a Machine”
- Choose Windows for target platform.
- Next to products and components, select the McAfee Drive Encryption for Windows 7.1. 3.604.
- Click [+]
How do I disable McAfee Endpoint Encryption boot protection?
How to Disable McAfee Safe Boot
- Reboot the computer. …
- Open the “Start” menu. …
- Enter the following command at the command prompt followed by the “Enter” key to change the directory to the SafeBoot directory: …
- Remove the McAfee Safe Boot program by entering the following command at the prompt: …
How do I disable pre boot authentication McAfee drive encryption?
Disable the Drive Encryption client
- Click Menu → Systems → System Tree → Systems, then select a group from the System Tree.
- Select a system, then click Actions → Agent → Modify Policies on a Single System.
- From the Product drop-down list, select Drive Encryption 7.2.
How do I reset my McAfee drive encryption password?
Re: Resetting users password
Enter the challenge code provided from the users machine. Choose User Recovery > Reset Token. Then read the response code to the user and have them enter it on their machine. New password dialog box will open.
What is McAfee PBA?
PBA provides (in my opinion) additional security like you have to authenticate to use OS. Without PBA user can enter safe-mode and bypass some security mechanisms. I also use one more advantages – if Windows OS is hibernated (user remain logged in) and I turn on system, I need to authenticate on PBA.