How do I open SafeGuard Management Center?
To start SafeGuard Management Center, the user must know the password for the certificate store and have the certificate’s private key. For further information see Create the Master Security Officer (MSO).
How do I decrypt Sophos SafeGuard?
In SafeGuard Portable, right-click the file and select Decrypt. The dialog for entering the media passphrase or the passphrase of a local key is displayed. Enter the relevant passphrase (the sender has to provide you with this passphrase), and click OK. The file is decrypted.
What is Sophos SafeGuard Management Center?
The SafeGuard Management Center is the console for managing computers encrypted with SafeGuard Enterprise. With SafeGuard Management Center you can implement a company-wide security strategy and apply it to the endpoints. SafeGuard Management Center enables you to: … Recover passwords and access to encrypted endpoints.
How do I change my Sophos SafeGuard password?
Note: To change the user’s Safeguard certificate password, press Ctrl + Alt + Del > Change A Password on the SafeGuard protected machine (using the SafeGuard Credential Provider).
How do I get my Sophos BitLocker recovery key?
Ask the user to provide you with the information displayed in the BitLocker recovery screen. In Sophos Central, go to Computers and click More > Retrieve Recovery Key. Enter at least five characters of the recovery key identifier or the volume identifier provided by the user. Click Show Key to display the recovery key.
How do I decode encrypted files?
To decrypt a file or folder:
- From the Start menu, select Programs or All Programs, then Accessories, and then Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file or folder you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Advanced.
- Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox, and then click OK.
How do I manually decrypt a file?
To manually decrypt selected files only, proceed as follows.
- Right-click on the file to be decrypted.
- From the menu options, click Properties.
- On the Properties page, click Advanced (located just above OK and Cancel).
- Uncheck the box for the option, Encrypt contents to secure data.
- Click Apply.
How do I decrypt a key file?
There are five steps to decrypt a file. We assume, that Alice wants to decrypt a file, which is encrypted for her (that is, while encrytion her key was chosen).
Howto decrypt a file
- STEP 1: Open file en-/decryption dialog. …
- STEP 2: Choose decrypt. …
- STEP 3: Choose input-/outputfile. …
- STEP 4: Hit ok. …
- STEP 5: Enter passphrase.
Is Sophos FIPS compliant?
Whilst the Sophos Enterprise Console uses SHA2 as a hashing algorithm, it’s not used for any security purpose, which means that FIPS mode can be turned off. This is aligned with Microsoft’s own Security Guidance blog.