Press the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl + A to select all the cells of the sheet. Right click and choose Format cells. Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok. Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect.
How do I save only certain columns in Excel?
To save a specific range of cells, you need to select those cells before clicking File, Save As. Then in the Save As, Options dialog, choose the Selection option and click OK. Then click Save.
How do I lock only certain cells in Excel?
On the worksheet, select just the cells that you want to lock. Bring up the Format Cells popup window again (Ctrl+Shift+F). This time, on the Protection tab, check the Locked box and then click OK. On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet.
How do you lock Excel columns from editing?
How to Protect Cells, Columns and Rows from Accidental Editing
- Press OK.
- Select the area of the workbook you’d like to protect.
- Right click and select Format cells. …
- Check Locked and press OK.
- Under the Review tab (in the Ribbon), choose Protect Sheet.
How do I lock all columns except one in Excel?
Protect a Worksheet Except for Individual Cells
- Click the box to the left of column A (in between column A and row 1). …
- Right click the same box – select “Format Cells” then click the “Protection” tab.
- Make sure the “Locked” check box is checked.
- Click “OK” These first few steps just made sure that all cells are locked.
How do I save a specific area in Excel?
Save a single worksheet
- Right-click the worksheet name tab.
- Click select Move or Copy.
- Click on the Move selected sheets to Book drop-down menu. Select (new book).
- Click OK. Your new workbook opens with your moved worksheet. …
- Click File > Save in your new workbook.
How do I convert a column to a comma separated string in Excel?
How to Create a Comma Separated List from Excel
- Insert an empty column next to your IDs.
- Type a comma in the cell next to the first ID.
- Hold your mouse on the lower-right of the cell containing the column and double-click.
- You should now have commas next to your IDs.
How do I lock cells in Excel without protecting the sheet?
Betreff: Lock cell without protecting worksheet
- Start Excel.
- Switch to the “Check” tab and select “Remove sheet protection”. …
- Select all cells by clicking in the top left corner of the table.
- In the “Start” tab, select “Format> Format cells> Protection” and uncheck “Locked”.
Hiding and Protecting Columns
- Select the column you want to protect.
- Choose Cells from the Format menu. …
- Make sure the Protection tab is displayed. …
- Make sure both the Locked and Hidden check boxes are selected. …
- Click OK to dismiss the dialog box.
- With the column still selected, choose Format | Column | Hide.
How do I lock multiple cells in Excel?
To lock multiple rows (starting with row 1), select the row below the last row you want frozen, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes. To lock multiple columns, select the column to the right of the last column you want frozen, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes.
How do I stop Excel from editing?
To stop working in Edit mode, do one of the following:
- Press ENTER. Excel exits Edit mode and selects the cell directly below the current cell. …
- Press TAB. This stops Edit mode and selects the cell to the right of the current cell. …
- Click a different cell. …
- Press F2.
How do I restrict editing in Excel?
To restrict editing to a sheet in Excel, use these steps:
- Open the Excel document.
- Click on File.
- Click on Info.
- On the right side, click the Protect Workbook menu.
- Select the Protect current sheet option.
- (Optional) Set a password to unlock the sheet.
- Check the Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells option.
How do I unlock scrolling cells in Excel?
Remove scroll lock in Excel using on-screen keyboard
- Click the Windows button and start typing “on-screen keyboard” in the search box. …
- Click the On-Screen Keyboard app to run it.
- The virtual keyboard will show up, and you click the ScrLk key to remove Scroll Lock.
How do you hide a formula in Excel?
Prevent a formula from displaying in the formula bar
- Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. …
- Click Home > Format > Format Cells.
- On the Protection tab, select the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Review > Protect Sheet.