Step 1: DOWNLOAD and install EaseUS CleanGenius (free) on your computer. Step 2: Run EaseUS CleanGenius on your PC, select Optimization and choose the Write Protection mode. Step 3: Select the device that is write-protected and click Disable to remove the protection.
How can I remove write protection from my pendrive?
Go to My Computer/This PC and under Devices with Removable Storage, look for your pen drive device. Right-click on it and click Properties. Click Edit, in the pop-up box, sometimes there’s an option to Remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.
Why can’t I remove write protection USB?
Disk Write Protected FAQ
If your USB flash drive, SD card or hard drive is write-protected, you can easily remove write protection. You can try running a virus scan, checking and ensuring the device isn’t full, disabling read-only status for a file, using diskpart, editing Windows Registry and formatting the device.
How can I remove write protection from my SanDisk pen drive?
- Type DISKPART in Windows search box and hit enter.
- Enter LIST VOLUME and press enter.
- Type SELECT VOLUME #, the # is the volume number of your SanDisk USB/SD card/SSD drive, which you want to remove write protection from.
- Type ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY, press enter.
How do I fix write protected media?
How to Fix “Media Is Write Protected” in Windows
- Check Your Media for a Write Protection Switch.
- Removing Write Protection from Files and Folders.
- Run a Disk Scan.
- Run a Full Malware Scan.
- Check System Files for Corruption.
- Use Advanced Formatting Tools.
- Remove Write Protection With DiskPart.
How do I remove write protection from a USB drive in Windows 10?
To remove the write protection with Diskpart, type the command ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY. If it works, that will be confirmed by the line Disk attributes cleared successfully. Double-check this by trying to copy a small file to your USB drive. If it works, great.
How do I remove write protection from a USB drive using command prompt?
Disable write protection using command line (CMD)
- Connect your write protected SD card to your computer.
- Right Click on Start. …
- Type diskpart and hit Enter.
- Type list disk and hit Enter. …
- Type select disk <number of your disk>. …
- Type attributes disk clear readonly and press Enter.
How do I remove write protection from online?
Removal of write protection with the Diskpart utility
- list disk and press Enter. (This command displays a list of drives connected to your PC).
- select disk 0 (Replace 0 with the write-protected device number) and hit Enter.
- attributes disk clear readonly and confirm, with Enter. …
- exit (exit from diskpart utility)
Why is my pen drive write protected?
A USB drive is enabled with write protection has the ability to prevent new files from being written or old files being changed. Typically, this means you can only read the data which are already stored on the USB, but you can’t delete or modify them.
How do I remove write protection from media?
Edit the Registry in Windows 7 to Remove Write Protection
- Press Windows key+R.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services.
- Select USBSTOR.
- Double-click Start.
- In the dialog box, enter 3.
- Close the Registry Editor.
How do I fix windows unable to complete the format?
3 Useful Solutions to Windows Was Unable to Complete the Format SD Card
- Right-click the hard drive partition and choose the “Format” option.
- In the new window, set the Partition label, File system, and Cluster size for the partition, then click “OK”.
- You can see a warning window, click “OK” to continue.