How do you open a password protected Excel file if forgot password online?
The steps are pretty simple. All you have to do is open the desired workbook and click on the Unprotect Sheet, which will remove the password. To change the password, click on Protect Workbook and type and confirm the new password.
How do I remove a password from an Excel workbook online?
Remove a workbook password
- Open the workbook that you want to remove the password from.
- On the Review tab, under Protection, click Passwords.
- Select all contents in the Password to open box or the Password to modify box, and then press DELETE.
- Click Save .
How do I unlock an Excel workbook online?
To unprotect a sheet, follow these steps:
- Go to the worksheet you want to unprotect.
- Go to File > Info > Protect > Unprotect Sheet, or from the Review tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet.
- If the sheet is protected with a password, then enter the password in the Unprotect Sheet dialog box, and click OK.
How can I open a password protected Excel file without the password for free?
- Click “Browse…” and select the . XLS or . XLSX file you would like to unprotect.
- Agree to the Terms of Service by checking the appropriate check box.
- Click “Unlock File!” – and you’re done!
How do I remove a password to open an Excel file?
How to remove a password to unencrypt an Excel spreadsheet
- Open your encrypted Excel spreadsheet, type in the password, and click “OK.” …
- Click on the “File” tab, then click on “Info.”
- Click on the box labeled “Protect Workbook” to open a drop-down menu. …
- Delete the password that appears, so that the field is blank.
How do you unlock Excel locked by another user?
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Security dialog box. Click Task Manager, and then click the Processes tab. Click Winword.exe, and then click End Process. In the Task Manager Warning dialog box, click Yes.
How do I protect an Excel workbook with password?
Require a password to open or modify a workbook
- Open the sheet or workbook that you want to protect.
- On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook.
- In the Password box, type a password, and in the Verify box, type the password again.
- Choose any other protection options you want and click OK.
- Click Save.