Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions. Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process.
How do I whitelist a program?
To manage the whitelist in the Windows Firewall, click Start, type firewall and click Windows Firewall. Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall (or, if you’re using Windows 10, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall).
What is whitelist antivirus?
A whitelist or application allow-list is a digital list of approved and trusted programs allowed to access a device or operating system. Everything not explicitly on the whitelist is denied by default and cannot run. … Antivirus and anti-malware software programs are basically blacklists.
How do I whitelist an app on Avast Antivirus?
Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings. Select General ▸ Exceptions, then click Add exception. Add an exception in one of the following ways: Type the specific file/folder path or URL into the text box, then click Add exception.
How do I allow a program through Windows Defender?
- Select the “Start” button, then type “firewall“.
- Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Choose the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
How do I whitelist a URL?
Whitelisting URLs from Security Scans
- Go to one of the following pages: Policy > Malware Protection. …
- Click the Security Exceptions tab.
- In Do Not Scan Content from these URLs, enter the URLs you want to whitelist and click Add Items. You can enter multiple entries by hitting Enter after each entry.
Why is whitelisting important?
The goal of whitelisting is to protect computers and networks from potentially harmful applications. In general, a whitelist is an index of approved entities. In information security (infosec), whitelisting works best in centrally managed environments, where systems are subject to a consistent workload.
How does a whitelist work?
Whitelisting is a cybersecurity strategy under which a user can only take actions on their computer that an administrator has explicitly allowed in advance. … In essence, the user has access to only a limited set of functionality, and what they can access has been deemed safe by the administrator.
What is the main function of a whitelist?
A whitelist is a list of e-mail addresses or domain names from which an e-mail blocking program will allow messages to be received. E-mail blocking programs, also called a spam filters, are intended to prevent most unsolicited e-mail messages (spam) from appearing in subscriber inboxes.
How do I stop Avast from blocking programs?
To change which Avast features block an application:
- Hover your cursor over the listed application, then click the … (three dots) icon that appears, and select Change blocked features.
- Tick or untick the Avast features that you want to always block access for this application, then click Change.
How do I stop Avast from blocking websites?
How to turn off Avast web shield
- Go to the system tray and double-click on the Avast icon.
- Click on Protection.
- Select Core Shields.
- Turn off the Web Shield option.
- Select the duration.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Now the Web Shield has been disabled and Avast will not block any websites.
How do I allow apps through Avast firewall?
Open the Avast user interface and go to Protection ▸ Firewall. Click Application settings at the bottom of the screen. Click New application rule and select a group (vendor). Locate and select the executable file of the application you want to add.
How do I stop Windows from blocking apps?
How to disable Windows Defender SmartScreen
- Launch Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Click the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
- Click Off in the Check apps and files section.
- Click Off in the SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge section.
How do I stop my Mcafee Antivirus from blocking programs?
On the Home Page, click Firewall. Click Settings. Click Program Permissions. Select a program with Outgoing or Blocked access.
How do I stop my firewall from blocking a program?
How do I stop Windows Firewall and Defender from blocking Sync?
- Click on the Start menu and Select Control Panel.
- Select Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall on the top left panel.
- Select Change settings and then select Allow another program.
- Select Sync and click Add.