How do you reset a 2000 security system?
Leave the ignition switch in the “Run” position as the “Security” light blinks on and off for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the ignition switch clockwise to start the engine immediately after the “Security” light stops flashing. The Passlock system resets and the engine will start.
How do I reset my Chevy anti-theft system?
To reset the anti-theft system on the Chevy Silverado You will need to get into the car and lock the doors. Now with the doors locked put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position. Let it sit there for 5 minutes until the anti-theft light blinks.
How do I reset my Chevy s10?
To reset the computer all You need to do is disconnect the battery and touch the positive and negative cables together when they are off the battery for at least 10 minutes. This will drain the electricity out of Your vehicle’s electrical system and cause the ECU to lose power.
How do I reset my car security light?
Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position, which activates your accessories but not the engine. Leave the key in position for about 10 – 15 minutes. Step 3: Check the anti-theft light again. If it’s no longer blinking, turn the key back to the Off position and allow it to set for a minute or two.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode without remote?
Resetting the Alarm
- Close all of your car doors.
- Insert one key in the door lock and cycle it to the “Lock” position, and then back to the “Unlock” position two times. …
- Enter your car and insert your key into the ignition cylinder.
- Cycle the key in the ignition from the “Off” position to the “On” position twice in a row.
How do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
How To Shut Off Your Car’s Anti-Theft Device
- Method 1: Check the cylinder and key. Step 1: Check the key fob battery. …
- Method 2: Turn on the ignition. If your engine has been locked up by the anti-theft system, you will be unable to start it. …
- Method 3: Insert the key into your car’s door.
Will disconnecting battery reset anti theft?
By unplugging the battery for a few minutes, it will also reset the computer. … All you have to do is disconnect the positive or negative terminal and wait.
How do I bypass PassLock GM security system?
Thankfully this is an easy fix.
- Leave the ignition key turned to the “On” position after the vehicle has stalled and will not start.
- Look at the dashboard and locate the theft system light. …
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position to disable the PassLock system, and wait for 20 seconds for the system to reset.
What triggers theft deterrent system?
The theft-deterrent system in your vehicle may be triggered by the following: Key learning (copy of key made) Forced entry alarm (door, trunk, hood) … Charging alarm (electric vehicles only)
How do you reset the security on a 98 Chevy s10?
- Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine and release the key to the ON position.
- The SECURITY light will illuminate. …
- Turn the key to OFF for 10 seconds.
- Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine. …
- The SECURITY light will illuminate. …
- Turn the key to OFF and wait 10 seconds.
How do you reprogram a Chevy ECM?
Switch to programming mode Check if the vehicle OBDII interface is connected correctly. Switch on the ignition, but do not start the engine yet. Select Discover Vehicle … from the Tools menu, then select Program Engine ECU when the window pops up and click OK. Select ENGINE ECU Program to enter programming mode.
Why won’t my car start when the security light is on?
The flashing light should go off or illuminate without flashing. When it does, turn the ignition off, wait twenty seconds, and then try to start the engine. … If you get the same result as previously—nothing happens or the engine starts and dies with the security light flashing—wait ten more minutes.
Why does security light stay on?
Your motion sensor light stays on. These lights are designed to go off after movement has ceased, generally within 30 to 60 seconds. If your motion sensor light won’t go off or stays on for long periods of time, it may require a reset.