McAfee Agent communicates with McAfee ePO periodically to send events and make sure that all client system settings are up to date. … The server sends new or changed policies and tasks to McAfee Agent, and the repository list if it has changed since the last agent-server communication.
What port does ePO communicate with client agent?
|Agent broadcast communication port||8082|
|Console-to-application server communication port||8443|
|Client-to-server authenticated communication port||8444|
|SQL Server TCP port||1433|
Which service for ePO listens on port 443 default and processes agent to server communication requests?
TCP port opened by the McAfee ePO server service to receive requests from agents. Bidirectional between the Agent Handler and the McAfee ePO server and inbound from McAfee Agent to Agent Handlers and McAfee ePO server. By default, agents must communicate over SSL (443 by default).
How do I know if I have McAfee agent in ePO?
Right-click the file and select Properties. Click the Version tab. Document the File version as the McAfee Agent version.
Locate each of the following extensions and document the version and build information:
- ePolicy Orchestrator.
- McAfee Agent.
- Host Intrusion Prevention.
How do I download the latest McAfee agent?
Download the McAfee Agent frame package file
- In McAfee ePO, select System Tree → New Systems.
- For How to add systems, select Create and download agent installation package.
- For version, select Windows and 5.0. 5 or later.
- Click OK to download a valid McAfee Agent installation package from your McAfee ePO server.
How do I deploy McAfee agent to ePO?
- Select Menu → Systems → System Tree, then select the groups or systems where you want to deploy McAfee Agent.
- Click Actions → Agent → Deploy Agents.
- Select the appropriate Agent version drop-down list given the target operating system, and select a version from that list.
- Select these options as appropriate:
Is port 8443 Secure?
It is another type of HTTP that provides encryption and transport over secure ports. … The default configuration file used in the port is 8443. The Tomcat is a core project in the Jakarta project of the Apache Software Foundation, which is developed by Apache, Sun and several other companies and individuals.
What is the use of port 135?
Port 135 is used by Messenger Service (not MSN Messenger) and exploited in popup net send messenger spam [MSKB 330904]. To stop the popups you’d need to filter port 135 at the firewall level or stop the messenger service.
Why is port 8080 default?
“8080” was chosen since it is “two 80’s”, and also because it is above the restricted well known service port range (ports 1-1023, see below). Its use in a URL requires an explicit “default port override” to request a web browser to connect to port 8080 rather than the http default of port 80.
Does port 445 need to be open?
Note that blocking TCP 445 will prevent file and printer sharing – if this is required for business, you may need to leave the port open on some internal firewalls. If file sharing is needed externally (for example, for home users), use a VPN to provide access to it.
What 443 port is used for?
Port 443 is a virtual port that computers use to divert network traffic. Billions of people across the globe use it every single day. Any web search you make, your computer connects with a server that hosts that information and fetches it for you. This connection is made via a port – either HTTPS or HTTP port.
Is port 80 A TCP?
Port 80 is one of the most commonly used port numbers in the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) suite. Any Web/HTTP client, such as a Web browser, uses port 80 to send and receive requested Web pages from a HTTP server.
How do I run McAfee agent from command prompt?
Run CmdAgent.exe with administrative permissions:
- Open a command prompt as an administrator. Press the Windows key + R. …
- Change directories to locate the CmdAgent.exe file.
- Run the command with the appropriate switch. NOTE: This action is only needed once per logon session.
How do I know if McAfee is installed on Windows?
- Open the Start Menu.
- Select Setttings from the list of applications.
- Select Apps.
- You will see a list of all the apps installed on your computer. Find McAfee on the list. You may have multiple McAfee programs listed. …
- Select the entry in the list.
- A version number will be displayed below the name.