TotalAV’s malware scanner was excellent in my tests — catching virtually all of the malware I downloaded on my Windows computer, MacBook, Android and iOS phones. It scored a 99.6% detection rate, which out of 62 antiviruses ranks among the top 10.
Is total AV good antivirus?
TotalAV is one of the safest antivirus programs out there. It uses strong antivirus technology to deliver a powerful and extensive security package. It offers robust protection against viruses, trojans, ransomware, phishing scams, and malware.
What are the pros and cons of total AV?
Here is the list of pros and cons:
- Strong protection against malicious URL.
- Solid phishing protection.
- Comes with user-friendly apps for all four major platforms.
- One of the least demanding antiviruses in terms of system resources.
- Offers an impressive list of optimization tools.
- Good money offer – user can save up to $90.
Is total AV fake?
Total Antivirus 2020 is software endorsed as a powerful and effective anti-virus suite, however, it is unable to perform its advertised functionality and is therefore classified as a fake anti-virus program. … All information provided by Total Antivirus 2020 is false and the threats/issues it detects are nonexistent.
Is TotalAV a con?
TotalAV is a cheap antivirus software designed to actively scan your computer for malware and stop any incoming malware from downloading onto your machine. However, when it comes to your security and privacy online cheap is not always good.
Which is the best free antivirus?
The best free antivirus software you can get today
- Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. The best free antivirus software, hands-down. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. The best set-it-and-forget-it antivirus option. …
- Windows Defender Antivirus. More than good enough to leave in place. …
- Avast Free Antivirus. …
- AVG AntiVirus Free.
What is the best antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
Does total AV have a firewall?
Total AV’s security packages include a wide range of features. These features range from the standard protection against virus, trojans, adware, and malware, to real-time antivirus protection and firewall protection.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Microsoft’s Windows Defender is closer than it’s ever been to competing with third-party internet security suites, but it’s still not good enough. In terms of malware detection, it often ranks below the detection rates offered by top antivirus competitors.
Does total AV hide your IP address?
Hide your IP – by connecting directly to a VPN server you adopt the IP address of that server, this hides your real IP address and makes you appear as if you are somewhere else.
How do you get rid of a total AV?
Uninstall TotalAV On Android
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Tap on Apps or Application manager.
- Tap TotalAV. You may need to scroll to find it.
- Tap Uninstall.
Do Windows 10 need antivirus?
Does Windows 10 need antivirus? Although Windows 10 has built-in antivirus protection in the form of Windows Defender, it still needs additional software, either Defender for Endpoint or a third-party antivirus.
Is total AV better than AVG?
AVG is one of the biggest companies in the antivirus space. AVG’s solutions have a very positive reputation on the market known to be efficient in removing malware and strong in feature set. Most cost-beneficial antivirus software provider. TotalAV is easy to use and includes a free full system virus & security check.
Do I need antivirus on my iPhone?
Although you may well be limited to Apple’s App Store when it comes to getting apps and games, it’s also one of the reasons why iPhones and iPads are safe from viruses and malware. The short answer, then, is no, you don’t need to install antivirus software on your iPad or iPhone.
Is total AV a monthly subscription?
TotalAV’s subscription terms are monthly & annual. If you feel you have been charged too much or charged for an upgrade that you did not want, please email us at email@example.com and we will rectify the situation.