TotalAV’s malware scanner was excellent in my tests — catching virtually all of the malware I downloaded on my Windows computer, MacBook, Android and iOS phones. It scored a 99.6% detection rate, which out of 62 antiviruses ranks among the top 10.
Is total AV legit?
TotalAV is a safe antivirus that should increase your overall security. It provides decent protection against all forms of online threats, even for free users. Paid users are getting real-time protection and even more sophisticated methods to safeguard against malware.
Is total AV antivirus or antimalware?
Find the Best Antivirus for You & Your Devices
Malwarebytes and Total AV are both well-known antivirus providers. They both use the most up-to-date malware detection protocols with a combination of signature and behavior monitoring, so it’s important to understand their differences.
What are the pros and cons of total AV?
Here is the list of pros and cons:
- Strong protection against malicious URL.
- Solid phishing protection.
- Comes with user-friendly apps for all four major platforms.
- One of the least demanding antiviruses in terms of system resources.
- Offers an impressive list of optimization tools.
- Good money offer – user can save up to $90.
Is total AV completely free?
Total AV is a fairly new, fully-featured anti-virus software suite with both a free and a paid version. … Total AV is a comprehensive antivirus software that provides real-time protection against malicious programs and other online threats.
Is TotalAV a safe app?
The TotalAV Android mobile app also provides real-time protection — it detected all of the test malware I placed on my phone (great), but it also drained my battery life very quickly (not great). The TotalAV mobile app also offers system tune-up to help free up space on your device and keep it running smoothly.
Which is the best free antivirus?
The best free antivirus software you can get today
- Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. The best free antivirus software, hands-down. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition. The best set-it-and-forget-it antivirus option. …
- Windows Defender Antivirus. More than good enough to leave in place. …
- Avast Free Antivirus. …
- AVG AntiVirus Free.
What is the best antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
Do Windows 10 need antivirus?
Does Windows 10 need antivirus? Although Windows 10 has built-in antivirus protection in the form of Windows Defender, it still needs additional software, either Defender for Endpoint or a third-party antivirus.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Microsoft’s Windows Defender is closer than it’s ever been to competing with third-party internet security suites, but it’s still not good enough. In terms of malware detection, it often ranks below the detection rates offered by top antivirus competitors.
Is total AV a monthly subscription?
TotalAV’s subscription terms are monthly & annual. If you feel you have been charged too much or charged for an upgrade that you did not want, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will rectify the situation.
What’s the best antivirus for Android?
The best Android antivirus app you can get
- Bitdefender Mobile Security. Best paid option. Specifications. Price per year: $15, no free version. Minimum Android support: 5.0 Lollipop. …
- Norton Mobile Security.
- Avast Mobile Security.
- Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus.
- Lookout Security & Antivirus.
- McAfee Mobile Security.
- Google Play Protect.
Is total AV better than AVG?
AVG is one of the biggest companies in the antivirus space. AVG’s solutions have a very positive reputation on the market known to be efficient in removing malware and strong in feature set. Most cost-beneficial antivirus software provider. TotalAV is easy to use and includes a free full system virus & security check.
How do you get rid of a total AV?
Uninstall TotalAV On Android
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Tap on Apps or Application manager.
- Tap TotalAV. You may need to scroll to find it.
- Tap Uninstall.
How do I get a refund from AV?
To request a refund, please contact our billing department at billing@TotalAV.com. The Money-back Guarantee Refund shall only accrue and be due to you upon your compliance with, and subject in all respects to, the terms and conditions of this section unless such refund is mandated by local law.