How do I allow apps in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) and go to the Policies page. On the Exceptions Policy page, click Exceptions. Click Add > Windows Exceptions > Application. In the View drop-down list, select All, Watched Applications, or User-allowed Applications.
How do I unblock an Application in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Type the following commands to open the Administrative User Interface: cd c: cd program filesSymantec. …
- In the interface that opens, click on Settings.
- Select Firewall.
- Select the Program Control tab.
- Locate the program being blocked and change the setting to allow.
How do I disable exe in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Go to the Action Tab in “Launch Process Attempts”. Select the Block Access in the “Launch Process Attempts” and check “enable logging”. Select Ok. Assign the policy to the required Group.
How do I check exclusions in Symantec Endpoint Protection?
For all versions prior to 14.3 RU1, the steps below can be used.
- Start > Run > Regedit.
- Browse to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESYMANTECSYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTIONAVEXCLUSIONS. …
- Expand the key to view the various applications listed there.
How do I enable LiveUpdate in Symantec Endpoint?
- Open your SEP console.
- Go to policies, LiveUpdate.
- Server Settings, check on “Use a LiveUpdate server” and let the dot on “Use the default Symantec LiveUpdate server”
How do I stop Symantec blocking autorun?
Disabling the Autorun.inf Rule in the SEPM
- Login to the SEPM.
- Click Clients.
- Select the group your SEP client is in.
- Click the Policies tab (at the top)
- Open your Application and Device Control Policy.
- Click Application Control.
- Remove the checkmark from Block access to Autorun.inf [AC9]
- Click OK.
How do I whitelist in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console. Click on Policies>Intrusion Prevention. Select the Intrusion Prevention policy you wish to update and click Edit the policy. Click Exceptions>Add and select the desired ID(s) from the exceptions list.
How do I block hash value in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), click Policies.
Create a rule
- Log: Choose “Continue processing other rules” and check “Enable logging.” There are 16 levels of logging, but “Critical – 0” is usually sufficient.
- Block: Choose “Block Access.” You can enable logging under this option as well.
How do I use checksum EXE?
- Open a command prompt window.
- Start > Run > type: cmd > hit Enter or OK.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the file checksum.exe. …
- by default: cd C:Program FilesSymantecSymantec Endpoint Protection.
- Type the following command: checksum.exe outputfile inputfile.
Is Symantec publicly traded?
Symantec went public in 1989 and its stock took off, giving it the currency to continue to acquire companies including Peter Norton’s PC software company, Norton Utilities, for $60 million in stock.
How do I submit a false positive Symantec?
To submit a false positive:
- 1) Navigate to the Symantec Enterprise Security section of the Broadcom Support Portal (support.broadcom.com/security)
- 2) On the right side of the page under the Submit Evidence box, select Submit False Positive.
- 3) On the submission page, choose a submission type to provide.
What type of exception can an administrator creates from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for a Mac client?
Folder Exceptions > Security risk Exception/SONAR Exception. Trusted Web Domain Exception.