Security cable locks are cable locks that can secure laptops, desktop computers, weapons, audio equipment, sporting equipment and much more.
What are cable locks used for?
Security cable locks, which secure a computer to a stationary fixture, such as a table leg, were designed to combat that threat. Investing a little money in such a lock can help keep your laptop from wandering away permanently.
How do you secure a desktop computer from theft?
5 steps to protect your data in case of computer theft
- Lock your computer with a strong and unique password. …
- Safeguard all passwords. …
- Consistently lock your screen when you step away. …
- Encrypt your hard drive. …
- Regularly back up your encrypted hard drive to another location.
Is chain or cable security better?
unless you find a chain that was used on a battleship anchor, that cable is gonna be the way to go. We use a relatively thin gauge and it takes much more time to cut it than it does to cut a chain. It frays really bad – so at least the potential thief might be detured knowing that cutting the cable will take some time.
Are all Kensington locks the same?
Every individual and organization has different locking requirements, and Kensington has a security solution for every device and environment. … You’ll also want to consider what type of device you’ll need to secure, and what kind of security slot it includes—or whether it has a security slot at all.
How do I secure my computer to my desk?
While no solution is foolproof, securing your laptop to your desk will deter all but the most skilled thieves.
- Wrap one end of a laptop cable around a desk leg and pass it through the loop on the end to secure it. …
- Install a desk mount cable anchor to reduce the chances of theft.
How do I stop my computer from locking at work?
If your PC is getting locked automatically, then you need to disable the lock screen from appearing automatically, by following these suggestions for Windows 10:
- Disable or Change Lock Screen timeout settings.
- Disable Dynamic Lock.
- Disable Blank Screensaver.
- Change System unattended sleep timeout.
Do Thieves Steal desktops?
It’s a good idea to physically secure a desktop computer, as they’re still targets of theft despite not being as portable as a laptop. Let’s explore how to secure a computer to a desk, as well as how to keep your data safe.