The IEPF Authority shall decide to pay the unclaimed dividend amount and transfer the shares back to the credit of your account based on the verification report submitted by the Company. The IEPF Rules and the Form IEPF-5 are available on the website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs at www.iepf.gov.in.
The IEPF website usually has all the details of unclaimed amounts. To make a claim, you can use IEPF-5 form. In case an investor doesn’t want to go through the hassles and wants to outsource it to some agency then they can also avail that option.
How do I collect unclaimed dividends?
With N200bn Unclaimed Dividends, Here’s How to Retrieve your Money through SEC e-Dividend Portal
- Apply through the SEC e-Dividend Portal. …
- Search for a List of Your Company Shares. …
- Identify Your Unclaimed Dividends. …
- Download and Fill Your Registrar’s e-Dividend Mandate form. …
- Submit Completed forms to Claim Dividends.
In case of non receipt of documents by the Authority after the expiry of 60 days from the date of filing of Form IEPF-5, the Authority may reject Form IEPF-5, after giving an opportunity to the claimant to furnish response within a period of 15 days.
Once the Share is purchased the Share holder becomes a part of the owner of the company, however he do not have any rights to ask for refund or dividends from the company. If he want to monetize he can sell the shares in the secondary market. A Share holder cannot have right to ask for refund.
You can trace other lost shares by contacting the three main share registrars: Link Asset Services (Linkgroup.eu or 0371664 0300); Computershare (Computershare.com/uk); and Equiniti (Equiniti.com or 0371 384 2030).
Procedure to claim Refund
- Download the form IEPF-5 from the website of IEPF (http://www.iepf.gov.in) for filing the claim for refund. …
- After filling the form save it on your computer and submit the duly filled form by following the instructions given in the upload link on the website.
Do stock certificates expire?
Stock shares do not have an expiration date. … This may be the case with an old stock certificate you found in a trunk, but it will not hurt to check it out.
How do I find out if I have unclaimed dividends?
How to Check and Claim Your Dividends
- Take note of your Registrar’s name.
- Note the name of the company you have their shares.
- Take note of your investment account number.
- Click on the link at the top of the SEC Portal and download your Registrar’s e-mandate form.
How are unclaimed dividends shown in accounts?
Unclaimed dividends is shown on the liability side of the balance sheet under the heading of .
All shares of the Company in respect of which dividends have remained unclaimed or un-encashed for seven consecutive years or more, are required to be transferred by the Company to the Investor Education and Protection Fund (‘IEPF’) established by the Government of India.