From the Start menu, select the Control Panel. Choose Uninstall a program (in the Programs category). Select the antivirus program you want to remove and then select Uninstall. When prompted, restart your computer.
How could you uninstall an antivirus that refuses to be removed?
Uninstall through the Start menu
When you find the antivirus program in the list, locate the uninstall option, which should be in the same folder. If this is available, click the uninstall option and follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation of the antivirus.
How do I uninstall antivirus?
Uninstall via the Windows Start menu
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features from the menu that appears.
- Ensure that Apps & features is selected in the left panel, then click Avast Free Antivirus, and select Uninstall.
Why are antivirus so hard to uninstall?
Before you wonder why they make it so difficult, there’s a good reason why an antivirus is so hard to remove from your PC! … As such, antivirus developers make their software as hard to manually remove as possible. Instead of using the regular method, antivirus developers supply a removal tool which you can run.
How do I uninstall antivirus on Windows 10?
Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
How do I uninstall a deleted program?
Step 1. Use Control Panel to uninstall a program
- Open your Start menu and locate the Control Panel option.
- Click on Control Panel. Navigate to Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the piece of software you wish to uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall. …
- Get the all-clear to proceed and exit Control Panel.
How do I manually uninstall a program?
Method II – Run the uninstall from Control Panel
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Select Apps and Features from the left hand side menu.
- Select the Program or App you want to uninstall from the list that appears.
- Click on the uninstall button that shows under the selected program or app.
Do I have to uninstall my old antivirus?
It is best to remove every last trace of an antivirus program before the new one is installed. Sometimes uninstallers or the software they are trying to uninstall can become corrupted. This can also cause problems and a security program might be partially removed, but parts remain.
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
Why is Avast not uninstalling?
Uninstall via the Windows Start menu
Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features from the menu that appears. Ensure that Apps & features is selected in the left panel, then click Avast Free Antivirus, and select Uninstall.
Is Avast uninstall safe?
Note:Using the Avast Uninstall Utility is the most reliable uninstallation method, as it completely removes all Avast Free Antivirus files from your PC while Windows runs in Safe Mode.
How can I clean my laptop from viruses?
If your PC has a virus, following these ten simple steps will help you to get rid of it:
- Step 1: Download and install a virus scanner. …
- Step 2: Disconnect from internet. …
- Step 3: Reboot your computer into safe mode. …
- Step 4: Delete any temporary files. …
- Step 5: Run a virus scan. …
- Step 6: Delete or quarantine the virus.
How do I temporarily disable antivirus in Windows 10?
- Open Windows Start menu.
- Type Windows Security.
- Press Enter on keyboard.
- Click on Virus & threat protection on the left action bar.
- Scroll to Virus & threat protection settings and click Manage settings.
- Click the toggle button under Real-time protection to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus temporarily.
How do I permanently disable antivirus in Windows 10?
In Windows Security, click on Virus & threat protection. Click on Manage Settings. Click the toggle button under Real-time protection to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Microsoft’s Windows Defender is closer than it’s ever been to competing with third-party internet security suites, but it’s still not good enough. In terms of malware detection, it often ranks below the detection rates offered by top antivirus competitors.