On the Home tab, click the Format Cell Font popup launcher. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+F or Ctrl+1. In the Format Cells popup, in the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box and then click OK. This unlocks all the cells on the worksheet when you protect the worksheet.
How do you unlock a protected cell in Excel?
Here’s how to lock or unlock cells in Microsoft Excel 2016 and 2013.
- Select the cells you wish to modify.
- Choose the “Home” tab.
- In the “Cells” area, select “Format” > “Format Cells“.
- Select the “Protection” tab.
- Uncheck the box for “Locked” to unlock the cells. Check the box to lock them. Select “OK“.
How do I remove protected cells in Excel without password?
Just do any of the following:
- Right-click the sheet tab, and select Unprotect Sheet… from the context menu.
- On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Unprotect Sheet.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format, and select Unprotect Sheet from the drop-down menu.
How do I unprotect a cell in Excel 2010?
To unlock cells in a worksheet, follow these steps:
- If the worksheet is protected, click the Unprotect Sheet button in the Changes group on the Review tab (type the password, if prompted).
- Select the cells you want to unlock. …
- Press Ctrl+1 to open the Format Cells dialog box and click the Protection tab.
How do I unlock a protected Excel sheet for free?
Step 1: Open the worksheet you want to unprotect. Step 2: Click on File > Info > Unprotect Sheet. Step 3: Or go to Review Tab > Changes > Unprotect Sheet. Step 4: If the worksheet asked the password for opening, enter the password and click.
How do I unlock an Excel document for editing?
On the Review tab, click Unprotect Sheet (in the Changes group). Click the Protect Sheet button to Unprotect Sheet when a worksheet is protected. If prompted, enter the password to unprotect the worksheet.
How do I unlock a password protected Excel file for free?
Unprotect password protected Excel file
Click inside the file drop area to upload Excel files or drag & drop Excel files. Your Excel file will be rendered automatically to unlock. Download link of Excel file will be available instantly after unlock. You can also send a link to the Excel file to your email address.
How do you unlock Excel locked by another user?
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Security dialog box. Click Task Manager, and then click the Processes tab. Click Winword.exe, and then click End Process. In the Task Manager Warning dialog box, click Yes.
How can I recover my Excel password?
Re: excel password recovery
- Create a Gmail account.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on Documents.
- Click on Upload.
- Google Docs automatically allows you to make changes.
- Save the File with a different name.
- Download the new File as an Excel File.
- It is saved as an .xls file (version 1997 – 2003)
Why I Cannot merge cells in Excel?
If Merge & Center is disabled, ensure that you’re not editing a cell—and the cells you want to merge aren’t formatted as an Excel table. Cells formatted as a table typically display alternating shaded rows, and perhaps filter arrows on the column headings.
How do I lock a column in Excel 2010?
To freeze columns:
- Select the column to the right of the columns you want frozen. …
- Click the View tab.
- Click the Freeze Panes command. …
- Select Freeze Panes. …
- A black line appears to the right of the frozen area.
Why can’t I clear the print area in Excel?
If your Excel spreadsheet isn’t printing properly, clearing or setting a print area can often help. Sometimes the wrong print area has already been set, in which case you want to clear it. To do this from the Page Layout Ribbon, click the Print Area icon and select Clear Print Area.