With this protection in place, people can view and edit your document with the changes being shown as regular Track Changes edits. Further, nobody can accept or reject changes without knowing the original password used to protect the document.
What is protect document for tracked changes?
Protecting documents for feedback
When you protect a document, the only changes that can be made to it are Tracked changes and Comments. Tracked changes and Comments do not become part of the document until you Unprotect it and modify the document yourself.
Why would you lock the tracked changes feature in a document?
When editing a MS Word document or transmitting a document to an author for review, Word’s Track Changes feature is essential. … Locking a document, so that the author cannot make untracked changes, allows the editor to review any further changes coming from the author’s review of the edit.
How do you track changes to a protected Word document?
Keep Track Changes on
- On the Tools menu, select Protect Document.
- Under Protection, select Protect document for, and then select Tracked changes.
- In the Password box, enter a password and select OK.
- Re-enter your password and select OK.
What does track changes mean in a Word document?
Track Changes is a built in feature in Microsoft Word which allows you to see the changes that were made to the document. … Word will track changes to text and formatting. 3. To display comments changes, click the red line to the left of the document. The changes will appear in red.
What is the use of track change?
The Track Changes function in Word allows you to keep a record of amendments made to a document. You can then choose to accept or reject the amendments. It is a useful tool for managing changes made by several reviewers to the same document.
How do I unlock a locked track changes?
Track Changes is locked and can only be disabled with the password. Also, you cannot accept or reject changes while Track Changes is locked. To unlock Track Changes, click the Track Changes button list arrow again, select Lock Tracking, enter the password, then click OK.
How do I force track changes?
In Word, click on Review > Track Changes > Lock Tracking. Enter a password. Now that Track Changes is locked, it can’t be disabled without the password. Other users also cannot accept or reject changes.
How do you remove track changes?
Remove tracked changes
- Click at the beginning of the document.
- On the Review tab, go to Changes.
- Select Accept or Reject. As you accept or reject changes, Word will move to the next change.
- Repeat until you’ve removed all changes in the document.
How do I print without track changes?
Printing without Track Changes Marks
- Press Ctrl+P. Word displays the File tab of the ribbon with the print options visible.
- Click the drop-down list directly under the Settings label. …
- In the options that appear, you’ll see a check mark next to Print Markup. …
- Click Print.
How do I permanently remove track changes from a Word document?
Permanently Turning Off the Tracking of Formatting Changes
- Make sure the Review tab of the ribbon is displayed.
- Click the down-arrow under the Track Changes tool (in the Tracking group) and then click Change Tracking Options. Word displays the Track Changes Options dialog box. …
- Clear the Track Formatting check box.
How do I get rid of tracked changes in Word?
Remove Tracked Changes manually or selectively
If you turn on Track Changes, Word will save all changes and comments made. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon. Click the down arrow on Track Changes > Track Changes to turn it on or off.