Anti-virus software are software for your computer used to prevent, detect, and remove malware, including computer viruses, worms, and trojan horses. Some examples of anti-virus software are McAfee, Norton, and Kapersky. … Some examples of Firewalls are Zone Alarm and Norton.
What is Antivirus and examples?
Antivirus is a software utility program designed to protect a system from internal attacks from viruses, trojan horse, spyware and so on. … The main function of an antivirus is to scan, detect, prevent and remove any existential threat to the computer system. Examples: Norton, McAfee and Kapersky.
What is the most common antivirus software?
To help protect your Windows computer, here’s the Best Antivirus Software of 2021:
- #1 Bitdefender.
- #2 Kaspersky.
- #3 Webroot.
- #3 Norton.
- #5 Trend Micro.
- #6 McAfee.
- #6 ESET.
- #8 Avast.
How many types of antivirus are there?
5 Types of Antivirus Programs
- AVG. AVG is one of the most popular antivirus programs that can be obtained for free, and it’s easy to download directly from the internet. …
- McAfee. …
- Norton. …
- Kaspersky. …
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
What is Antivirus What are the different types of antivirus protection?
What are the different types of antivirus protection?
- Malware signature antivirus. Malware, or malicious software, installs viruses and spyware on your computer or device without your knowledge. …
- System monitoring antivirus. This is where system monitoring antivirus software comes into play. …
- Machine learning antivirus.
What is the role of antivirus software?
Antivirus software is there to monitor all of the activity on your computer network, detect suspicious activity from potential viruses, worms or trojan horses and prevent them causing harm to your network, your staff and your business. … Regularly scan for malware on your computer and remove any malicious code detected.
What is difference between virus and antivirus?
Virus is a computer program that has the ability of copying itself and infecting your computer. Antivirus is a computer software used in preventing, detecting and removing malware, like computer viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, adware and spyware.
What is the function of antivirus software?
Antivirus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and other malicious software like worms, trojans, adware, and more.