Protection and security requires that computer resources such as CPU, softwares, memory etc. are protected. This extends to the operating system as well as the data in the system. … The system must be protect against unauthorized access, viruses, worms etc.
What does file protection mean?
[′fīl prə‚tek·shən] (computer science) A mechanical device or a computer command which prevents erasing of or writing upon a magnetic tape but allows a program to read the data from the tape.
What is meant by protection and security?
Security and protection system, any of various means or devices designed to guard persons and property against a broad range of hazards, including crime, fire, accidents, espionage, sabotage, subversion, and attack.
What are the file protection methods?
Protection in File System
- Read – Reading from a file.
- Write – Writing or rewriting the file.
- Execute – Loading the file and after loading the execution process starts.
- Append – Writing the new information to the already existing file, editing must be end at the end of the existing file.
- Delete – …
- List –
How do I protect a file with a password?
Protect a document with a password
- Go to File > Info > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password.
- Type a password, then type it again to confirm it.
- Save the file to make sure the password takes effect.
What is an example of protection?
Protection is a person or thing that shields from danger, pain or discomfort, or money paid to avoid violence or prosecution. An example of protection is an umbrella to stand under during a rainstorm. An example of protection is money paid by a shopowner to the mob to avoid violence.
What is meant by protection?
Protection refers to keeping something or someone safe. Through protection, we shelter and defend things. Since protecting is to shelter from harm, protection is the act of doing so. Children are under the protection of their parents, who keep them safe.