What do you call something you want to protect?
shield. noun. someone or something that protects you from harm or bad experiences.
What is a word for someone who protects others?
Someone who is altruistic always puts others first. An altruistic firefighter risks his life to save another’s life, while an altruistic mom gives up the last bite of pie so her kid will be happy.
What does it mean if you want to protect someone?
To protect someone or something means to prevent them from being harmed or damaged.
How do you protect something?
To protect or defend someone or something – thesaurus
- protect. verb. to keep someone or something safe from harm, injury, damage, or loss.
- defend. verb. to protect someone or something from attack.
- save. verb. …
- stand up for. phrasal verb. …
- guard. verb. …
- shield. verb. …
- watch over. phrasal verb. …
- safeguard. verb.
How do you describe protection?
Protection refers to keeping something or someone safe. Through protection, we shelter and defend things. Since protecting is to shelter from harm, protection is the act of doing so.
Are protect and defend the same?
defend is used for a danger or an attack that is actual or threatening. The soldiers defended the fort against enemy troops. protect is used when some kind of shield can prevent possible attack or injury.
Is love a protection?
From the time a child is born, adults are aware that protecting is an essential expression of love. … Attuned to her needs and reactions, his love came through in his attentive behavior. As children grow, they need to assume ever more responsibility for their own well-being.
How do you protect someone you love?
14 Ways to Protect Your Relationship and Make it Last
- Stay open to each other. …
- Stay honest. …
- Trust each other. …
- Stay faithful. …
- Stay open to changes. …
- Stay intimate with each other. …
- Keep trying new things. …
- Surprise each other.
How do I protect being me?
How can I protect myself, my family, and my community?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, and use at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
What is an example of protection?
Protection is a person or thing that shields from danger, pain or discomfort, or money paid to avoid violence or prosecution. An example of protection is an umbrella to stand under during a rainstorm. An example of protection is money paid by a shopowner to the mob to avoid violence.
What is a structure to protect people or things?
Shelter is one of the basic human needs along with food, water, and companionship. It is a structure that protects you from the elements and gives you a place to live.