The Protection History page in the Windows Security app is where you can go to view actions that Microsoft Defender Antivirus has taken on your behalf, Potentially Unwanted Apps that have been removed, or key services that are turned off.
How can I see my protective history?
How to view malware protection history using Windows Security
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under the “Current threats” section, click the Protection history option. …
- Confirm the list of threats found by Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
Is it safe to delete Windows Defender history?
yes, it is actually ok even if you are using defender. I have just deleted all files in C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindows DefenderScansHistoryStore on my windows 10 to see what would happen, defender still appears to be working fine.
How do I delete my protected history?
- Press Windows key + X together from the keyboard and click on File explorer to open file explorer.
- Go inside C: folder , usually where your windows OS is installed.
- Click on View and make sure that hidden items is checked.
- Now, Delete all the files inside it.
Can I delete Windows Defender files?
Sadly, it’s not possible to completely remove Windows 10 Defender since it’s integrated into the operating system. If you try to uninstall it like any other program, it will just pop up again. The alternative is to permanently or temporarily disable it.
What is Windows Defender cache maintenance?
Cache Maintenance – It is the storage for temporary files that are being either quarantined by Windows Defender or being checked. Running this will clear the Cache. Clean Up – This clears up files that are not needed anymore by Windows Defender.
Does Windows 10 Defender scan for malware?
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a built-in malware scanner for Microsoft Windows 10. As part of the Windows Security suite, it will search for any files or programs on your computer that can cause harm to it. Defender looks for software threats like viruses and other malware across email, apps, the cloud, and the web.
What is Windows Defender cleanup?
“MicrosoftWindowsWindows DefenderWindows Defender Cleanup” is a scheduled task on Windows 8 system added as part of Windows installation. … The best guess is that it cleans up temporary files created by Windows Defender during the scanning and virus removing processes.
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
How do I turn Windows Defender off?
To turn Microsoft Defender Firewall on or off:
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Firewall & network protection. Open Windows Security settings.
- Select a network profile.
- Under Microsoft Defender Firewall, switch the setting to On. …
- To turn it off, switch the setting to Off.
How do I remove a Windows Security virus?
Remove malware from your PC in Windows 10
- Open your Windows Security settings.
- Select Virus & threat protection > Scan options.
- Select Windows Defender Offline scan, and then select Scan now.