Their job is to prevent a crime from happening by proactively watching for suspicious behavior, mitigating risks as they appear and contacting the proper authorities when an incident occurs. Simply put, security guards keep people, property and other valuable assets safe and secure.
What is the most important function of security?
Preventing security issues is one of the most important goals of security officers because they play a defensive rather than offensive role when it comes to securing the property and maintaining safety for the public.
What is one of the main roles of a security operative?
Security Officers are responsible for maintaining the security of people, buildings and their contents, preventing break-ins and theft through guarding and surveillance. … The role of a security officer will depend on the nature of the company or premises being secured.
What are the 12 qualities of security?
Qualities of a Good Security Guard
- Observation skills. …
- Honesty and integrity. …
- Ability to lead and work in a team. …
- Communication skills and empathy. …
- Conciliatory attitude. …
- Hard-working and flexible. …
- Physical fitness.
What is the full meaning of security?
Full Definition of security
1 : the quality or state of being secure: such as. a : freedom from danger : safety. b : freedom from fear or anxiety. c : freedom from the prospect of being laid off job security.
What skills do you need for security?
4 Soft Skills You Need to Be a Security Officer
- Communication. As a security officer, you will need to have good communication with everyone you interact with. …
- Honesty. Your job as a security officer is to protect an area from dishonest or untrustworthy people. …
- Problem-Solving. …
- Clear and Calm Thinking.
What are the skills of security?
Some skills that every security guard possess are:
- A polite, calm and reasonable approach.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Good observational and monitoring ability.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Technical knowledge of security systems.
How do I become a security?
To become a security guard, you will proceed through steps similar to the ones below.
- Apply for an open position of security guard.
- Pass a background check.
- Get hired as a security guard.
- Receive on-the-job training once hired.
What is a professional security?
Professional security officers have a responsibility to the business or area they are providing security for, beyond just making sure no crimes are committed or anyone is harmed. These responsibilities range from physical security to friendliness to staying low profile.
What are the qualifications of security guard?
Security Guard job description: Job requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Security Guard or similar role.
- Good understanding of legal guidelines for area security and public safety.
- Some experience with report writing.
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.