If the client is unable to enable real-time protection for Microsoft Defender you may need to remove third party anti-virus or ensure that the Group Policy setting “Turn off Windows Defender” is not enabled for your client systems.
Why can’t I turn on real time protection?
Click Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings. Real-time protection should be switched on by default. If real-time protection is off, click the toggle to turn it on. If the switch is greyed-out or disabled it’s probably because you have another antivirus program installed.
Why can’t real time protection disable Windows Defender?
Windows Defender won’t find it. … In Windows Security, click “Virus & Threat Protection” in the sidebar. Then select “Manage Settings.” In “Virus & Threat Protection Settings,” locate the “Real-Time protection” option and click the switch that says “On” to toggle it to the “Off” position.
How do I turn on real time protection as administrator?
To do that:
- Press simultaneously the Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
- Type gpedit. …
- At the left pane navigate to: …
- At the right pane open the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus setting.
- Set the policy setting to Not Configured or Disabled to enable the real time protection and click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Why my Windows Defender is not working?
Windows Defender is disabled by Windows if it detects presence of another antivirus. Therefore, before enabling it manually, it must be ensured that there are no conflicting softwares and system is not infected. To enable Windows Defender manually, follow these steps: Press Windows key + R.
How do I force Start Windows Defender?
Turn on real-time and cloud-delivered protection
- Select the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security. …
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them on.
How do I stop real-time protection from turning back on?
To permanently disable real-time protection:
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (type gpedit. msc in the search box)
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Real-time Protection.
- Enable Turn off real-time protection.
- Restart the computer.
Does real-time protection slow down computer?
There’s an old theory that antivirus can slow your computer down by 50%. While this may have once been true, it’s no longer a reality. However, your antivirus will have some effect on the overall speed of your device. It’s frustrating when you arm your computer with security tools and then the speed takes a nosedive.
How do I turn off real-time protection without administrator?
How To Disable Windows Defender Real-Time Protection
- Click Start.
- Type Windows Defender Settings and click on the top result.
- Under the heading Real-time protection, slide the toggle to Off.
Why is my Windows Defender antivirus turned off?
If Windows Defender is turned off, this may be because you have another antivirus app installed on your machine (check Control Panel, System and Security, Security and Maintenance to make sure). You should turn off and uninstall this app before running Windows Defender to avoid any software clashes.