How do you get seller protection on Depop?
- Sales inside the app using the BUY button.
- Items that are not on our Prohibited Items List.
- Sales that have been shipped to the address in the Depop sales receipt.
- Sales with valid proof of tracked shipping.
Do you get buyer protection on Depop?
We offer Depop’s Buyer Protection on eligible transactions made using PayPal or Depop Payments. This means that buyers are always covered if something goes wrong with their order.
How do I get seller protection?
How to be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.
- The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
- The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
- You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction.
Can I get scammed on Depop?
Beware of fake goods
The problem is that some Depop scammers will flog an item as authentic when it most definitely is not, leaving you with an empty purse and a cheap knock-off. If the deal you’re being offered sounds too good to be true, unfortunately, it probably is.
What happens if I get scammed on Depop?
You lost any seller protection by sending to another address than the paypal registered address of the buyer. If you had met seller protection paypal would have reimbursed you. Advice is voluntary.
What can you not sell on Depop?
LIST OF PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
- Adult only material and nudity.
- Animals and wildlife products.
- Counterfeit currency and stamps.
- Counterfeit items, replicas and unauthorised copies.
- Credit cards.
- Data banks, mailing lists and personal information.
Do you get Depop fee back if you refund?
If you refund your buyer for a Depop sale, we’ll refund the Depop fee. … The Depop fee will be returned automatically when you refund your buyer through the app. If you sold through PayPal, reach out to our Support team to get a fee refund.
What happens if seller doesn’t ship item Depop?
What should I do next?
- Message the Seller to ask for an update.
- Ask for proof of shipping.
- Check the tracking number to see the status of your order.
- Haven’t heard back or been waiting over 7 days? Report this in-app:
Will PayPal cover me if I get scammed?
When you pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection offers you comprehensive protection if your eligible transaction has a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we’ll help you get a full refund.
How do I win a case on eBay as a seller?
Despite this, there are a few things a seller can do to try and get an appeal to be decided in their favor:
- Call eBay. …
- Assert lack of fault. …
- Examine the communication with the buyer. …
- Reassure eBay of seller professionalism. …
- Refer back to eBay.
Does PayPal have seller protection?
PayPal Seller Protection covers you in the event of claims, chargebacks, or reversals that are a result of unauthorized purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive. … With PayPal Seller Protection, you may be covered for the full amount of all eligible transactions.
Why is Depop bad?
Recently, many Depop sellers have come under fire for a pattern of unethical buying and selling practices. Sellers who appear to be wealthier individuals are being accused of raiding thrift stores to buy tons of product for a cheap price and re–selling on the platform for a signifigant mark–up.
Is buying from Depop safe?
According to Depop, it’s safe to buy from their marketplace if you adhere to their guidelines. To minimize the likelihood of being scammed, you should only make a transaction through the app or website and make sure to click the “BUY” button.
Is Depop better than eBay?
Depop is filled with people selling Y2K and vintage items. Depop has a younger demographic compared to Ebay. Ebay is better for items that are rare or hard to find and there doesn’t seem to be a specific age demographic that Ebay caters to. As long as it’s a good deal or a rare find, you’ll do well on Ebay.