To prevent other users from accidentally or deliberately changing, moving, or deleting data in a worksheet, you can lock the cells on your Excel worksheet and then protect the sheet with a password.
What are the advantages of protecting an Excel worksheet?
When you protect a worksheet, one of the benefits is that you can limit which cells can be used for data entry. How a user moves from cell to cell is controlled by Excel. If you want to control the order of cell selection rather than having Excel control it, read on.
What is the difference between Protect Sheet and Protect workbook in Excel?
Workbook Level Protection. Protecting a workbook means that users cannot view hidden sheets, add, move, delete, hide or rename worksheets. 1) In order to protect the Workbook at hand, go to Review>Changes>Protect Workbook. 2) Set a password, in the Protect Structure and Windows Dialog Box.
How do you protect cells in Excel without protecting sheet?
Betreff: Lock cell without protecting worksheet
- Start Excel.
- Switch to the “Check” tab and select “Remove sheet protection”. …
- Select all cells by clicking in the top left corner of the table.
- In the “Start” tab, select “Format> Format cells> Protection” and uncheck “Locked”.
How do I protect all sheets in Excel?
In order to protect the contents, you have to protect the worksheet (ALT + T + P + P in all versions of Excel, otherwise ‘Home’ tab of the Ribbon, then select ‘Format’ in the ‘Cells’ group and then select ‘Protect Sheet…’ in Excel 2007 onwards).
How do I make Excel Uneditable?
As in Excel, click the “File” tab in the ribbon menu; click “Info” and then click “Protect Document” to restrict who can edit your Word document.
How do I restrict data entry in a cell in Excel?
Restrict data entry
- Select the cells where you want to restrict data entry.
- On the Data tab, click Data Validation > Data Validation. …
- In the Allow box, select the type of data you want to allow, and fill in the limiting criteria and values.
How do I protect cells in Excel but allow data entry?
Select the cells you need to protect their formatting but only allow data entry, then press Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box. 2. In the Format Cells dialog box, uncheck the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.
How do you create a picklist in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do you unlock all Excel sheets at once?
Don’t you worry, you can use this handy little trick to unprotect en masse.
- Just open the workbook.
- Go to File > Info.
- Right on the top, you can see all protected worksheets and a link to unprotect them.
- Click to unprotect the ones you want to.
What is the shortcut to unprotect an Excel sheet?
Press the Ctrl key and the 1 key together ( Ctrl + 1 ) on your keyboard to open the Format Cells window. You can also use the Ctrl + Shift + F key combination to open the Format Cells window. In the Format Cells window, click the Protection tab. Uncheck the box for the Locked option, then click OK.