McAfee supply debian based DEB files (supported by Ubuntu) in the installer so you shouldn’t have any problems.
Does McAfee work with Ubuntu?
The McAfee Agent for Linux
The agent can also be installed from McAfee ePO on Red Hat Enterprise and Ubuntu client systems. Once the agent is in place on client systems, you can run the deployment task to install the software, and schedule updates and scans.
Can I use McAfee on Linux?
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise for Linux software delivers always-on, real-time antivirus protection for Linux environments.
How do I download McAfee on Ubuntu?
- Install the McAfee runtime: Type dpkg -i MFErt. i686. deb and press ENTER.
- Install the McAfee agent: Type dpkg -i MFEcma. i686. deb and press ENTER.
- Start the VSEL installation: Type bash McAfeeVSEForLinux-1.9. 0.28822-installer and press ENTER.
How do I install McAfee agent on Ubuntu?
Installing McAfee Agent on Linux / CentOS
- STEP 1: Upload the Installers.
- STEP 2: Extract and Run installer.
- STEP 3: ePO Service Check.
- STEP 4: Check status on ePU GUI.
- STEP 1: Extract and Start Installer.
- STEP 2: Configure ePO VirusScaner.
- STEP 3: Login to McAfee Virus Scan.
- STEP 4: Managing McAfee VirusScan for Linux.
Does Linux need antivirus?
Anti-virus software does exist for Linux, but you probably don’t need to use it. Viruses that affect Linux are still very rare. … If you want to be extra-safe, or if you want to check for viruses in files that you are passing between yourself and people using Windows and Mac OS, you can still install anti-virus software.
How do I know if McAfee is installed on Linux?
Go to the System Tree. Click any managed Linux system. Click the Products tab. View the installed Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention and Platform package version.
What is the best antivirus for Linux?
Take A Pick: Which Linux Antivirus Is Best For You?
- Kaspersky – The Best Linux Antivirus Software for Mixed Platform IT Solutions.
- Bitdefender – The Best Linux Antivirus Software for Small Businesses.
- Avast – The Best Linux Antivirus Software for File Servers.
- McAfee – The Best Linux Antivirus for Enterprises.
How do I run a McAfee scan in Linux?
Run an on-demand scan task
- Log on to your Linux system as root user.
- Change directory to the /bin folder of the software. cd /opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/bin.
- Run a command using this syntax. ./isecav –runtask –index [index number] Replace [index number] with the index number of the task that you want to run.
How do I manually install McAfee agent?
- Copy the installation package, FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system.
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is installed.
How do I disable McAfee service in Linux?
Re: Stop McAfee Services from client side
- To stop the ENSLTP service, run the following commands: # /opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/bin/isectpdControl.sh stop. …
- To start the ENSLTP service, run the following commands: …
- To check the status of the ENSLTP service, run the following commands:
How do I uninstall McAfee ENS in Linux?
Uninstall the software from standalone Linux systems
- Log on to the system as root user.
- Navigate to the directory. cd /opt/isec/ens/threatprevention/bin.
- Execute the command. ./uninstall-isectp.sh.
- Type yes , when prompted.