To add users, click + in the Users field, browse to the users’ list, select the users, then click OK. To add groups, click + in the From the groups field, browse to the user group’s list, select the groups, then click OK.
Which of the following ePO user authentication types is available when creating a new user in ePO?
McAfee ePO supports three types of authentication. ePO authentication — The user name and password are stored in McAfee ePO and McAfee ePO authenticates the user. Windows authentication — The Windows domain and user name details are stored in McAfee ePO, and the user is authenticated by a Windows domain controller.
How do I add a computer to my McAfee ePO?
- Login to the McAfee EPO Web Console.
- Select System Tree Systems.
- Select a System Tree Group. …
- Select System Tree Actions New Systems.
- Select How to add systems.
- Either type/paste the systems into the Systems to add field or Select Browse…to connect to a domain and pick the systems.
How do I add an exception to McAfee ePO?
To configure the above exclusions using ePO:
- Log on to the ePO console.
- Click System Tree.
- Select a system where you need to modify the policy.
- Click Actions and select Agent, Modify Policies on a Single System.
- Select Endpoint Security Threat Prevention from the Product drop-down list.
- Select the On-Access Scan policy.
How do I update McAfee agent from ePO?
Upgrade the agent manually
- Copy FramePkg.exe, from your McAfee ePO to a shared folder on a network server accessible by the target system. …
- On the target system, navigate to and right-click FramePkg.exe, select Run as administrator, and wait a few moments while McAfee Agent is upgraded.
- Click OK to complete the upgrade.
How does McAfee ePO integrate with Active Directory?
To enable this feature, you must do the following:
- Active Directory User Login must be enabled.
- At least one permission set must be mapped to the user’s Active Directory group.
- A registered LDAP server must be configured for the domain, so that McAfee ePO can determine the user’s group membership.
Only global administrators can create or edit tags, But, ePO users with permissions to part of the System Tree can do the following: Apply and remove existing tags to systems in the groups to which they have permissions.
How do I automate McAfee agent deployment?
- Click Menu, Automation, Server Tasks.
- Click New Task.
- Type a name for the new task and click Next.
- Click Run Query from the Actions drop-down list.
- From the Query entry, select the new query from the list.
- Click Deploy McAfee Agents from the list.
What is System tree in McAfee?
You can organize, group, and tag your managed systems using the System Tree and Tags features. The System Tree is a hierarchical structure that organizes the systems in your network into groups and subgroups.
How do I add a file to McAfee exclusion list?
To exclude known safe files and applications:
- Open your McAfee Security suite.
- Click Real-Time Scanning: On.
- Click Excluded Files.
- Click Add file.
- Browse to, and select, the file or .exe you want to exclude from scans.
How do I set exclusions in McAfee?
- Go to Start > All Programs > McAfee > Virus Scan Console.
- Select On-Access Scanner.
- Go to Task > Properties > All Processes > Detection.
- Click Exclusions.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse, and navigate to the directory you want to exclude. …
- Click OK.
- Click on the red X box to close the Set Exclusions window.
How do I add exclusions to McAfee VSE?
Create an exclusion:
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee, VirusScan Console .
- Right-click On-Access Scanner and select Properties .
- Click All Processes, Detection, Exclusions .