The easiest way would be to use the Agent Diagnostic tool. This can be found in the tools folder from within the DLP install directory. Once launched, navigate to the Tools tab and find the option to stop the DLP service.
How do I turn off McAfee DLP?
- Select agent/domain where DLP needs to be disabled.
- Click Settings > DLP Settings.
- In the Data Loss Prevention Configurations page, click Policies.
- Uncheck the “Enable Data Loss Prevention” option.
- Click Save.
How do I disable DLP Access Protection?
Open the newly created policy. In the left pane, select Advanced Configuration. In the right pane, locate Access Protection Settings. Set the Show challenge response on uninstall drop-down option to Disable.
How do I get my McAfee DLP release code?
- Copy the Identification Code.
- Log on to the ePolicy Orchestrator console.
- Navigate to the Helpdesk.
- Choose the option Generate DLP Client Override Key.
- For Key Type, select Client Bypass Key.
- Fill in the form and enter the code from the Diagnostic Tool in the Identification Code section.
- Click Generate Key.
How do I get rid of DLP agent?
To disable the agent go to System > Agent > Overview. Click the box next to the target agent, and the select the shutdown option. This option can temporarily stop the agent until the machine is restarted, or permanently shut down the agent by stopping the service and setting it to manual.
How do I uninstall McAfee DLP without release code?
You can uninstall McAfee DLP Agent without any release code through PSEXEC and Uninstall String. You can download PSEXEC from below path, this is freeware utility. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi…
How do I remove McAfee DLP from registry?
Press Windows+R, type regedit , and click OK. NOTE: McAfee products might be listed under both of the above registry keys. The uninstall string is identical, and only needs to be executed once. Select the key for the product that you want to remove.
How do I disable McAfee on-access scan?
Disable On-Access Scan
- Click Start and choose “All Programs.”
- Select “McAfee” and choose “VirusScan Console.”
- Double-click “Access Protection.”
- Uncheck “Prevent McAfee Services from being stopped.”
- Click “Apply” and press “OK.”
- Close the VirusScan console.
- Right-click the VirusScan icon in the notification tray.
How do I disable McAfee on startup?
Double-click the McAfee icon in your taskbar. In the top right corner of the Home Page, click Navigation. Under the Settings column, click General Settings and Alerts. On the General Settings and Alerts page, click the General Settings drawer, then deselect Show the McAfee splash screen when Windows starts.
How do I manually uninstall McAfee?
Click in the search box on the bottom left corner of task bar (either Cortana or the magnifying glass) and type “Add or remove programs” Click on the icon that appears. Select “McAfee VirusScan Enterprise” and then click Uninstall.
How do I uninstall McAfee in managed mode?
If your installation is Managed, follow all 9 steps:
- Open the Command Prompt. …
- Next, we have to navigate the Command Prompt to your Program Files folder. …
- From there, type the following: frminst.exe /remove=agent and press the Enter key. …
- After completing step 3 successfully, close the Command Prompt.