From the two options in the middle pane, right-click on Operational, and click Open to view all the past logs. Now, under Windows Defender folder on the left pane, right-click on Operational. Click on Clear Log… on the menu. Select Clear or Save and Clear based on your requirement to clear the protection history.
How do I turn off threat protection?
Turn off Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
- Switch Real-time protection to Off.
How do I get rid of virus threat protection notification?
Open the Windows Security app by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for Security. Scroll to the Notifications section and select Change notification settings. Slide the switch to Off or On to disable or enable additional notifications.
How can I see my protective history?
How to view malware protection history using Windows Security
- Open Start.
- Search for Windows Security and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under the “Current threats” section, click the Protection history option. …
- Confirm the list of threats found by Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
How do I permanently disable Virus threat protection?
To disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus permanently on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit. …
- Browse the following path: …
- Double-click the Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus policy. …
- Select the Enabled option to disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus permanently on Windows 10. …
- Click the Apply button.
Why is my virus protection turned off?
If your virus protection is shutting off or refusing to run, it’s possible that a software conflict exists on your PC. This can occur if you already have an anti-virus software running and try to install another. … Ensure that you have only one anti-virus application running at any given time.
How do I fix Virus threat protection?
Complete the following steps to update your antivirus definitions.
- Select the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security. Select the matching result.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection updates, select Check for updates.
How do I fix protection information?
fix for this? Clean up anything they find, restart PC and then run both scans again until they come up clean. Then check for damaged System Files: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow…
How do I restart Virus and threat protection?
After that, try restarting the Virus and Threat Protection using the “Restart now” button. The service must start correctly. Then go to Settings -> Windows Security -> Virus & threat protection -> Turn on.
How do I stop real-time protection from turning back on?
To permanently disable real-time protection:
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (type gpedit. msc in the search box)
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Real-time Protection.
- Enable Turn off real-time protection.
- Restart the computer.
Why can’t I turn off real-time protection?
Windows Defender won’t find it. … In Windows Security, click “Virus & Threat Protection” in the sidebar. Then select “Manage Settings.” In “Virus & Threat Protection Settings,” locate the “Real-Time protection” option and click the switch that says “On” to toggle it to the “Off” position.
How do I turn off real-time protection without administrator?
How To Disable Windows Defender Real-Time Protection
- Click Start.
- Type Windows Defender Settings and click on the top result.
- Under the heading Real-time protection, slide the toggle to Off.