Select the screensaver you want by clicking on the dropdown button and check the box beside On resume, display log-on screen to password protect it. After checking the button, click on Apply at the bottom of the dialog box and click OK.
How do I set a screensaver password in Windows 10?
Enable Screen Saver Password Protection in Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization – Lock screen.
- On the right side, scroll down until you see the link Screen saver settings. …
- The screen saver options dialog window will appear on the screen. …
- Turn on the option On resume, display logon screen.
How do I change my screensaver password?
How to Change Screen Saver Password
- Select the “Start Menu” icon. Click the “Control Panel” tab. …
- Double-click the “User Accounts” menu icon. This will bring up a list of the current user accounts.
- Select the account to change the screen saver password.
- Press the “Change Password” link on the left. …
- Select a password.
What is password protected screensaver?
Unattended systems are susceptible to unauthorized use and must be locked when unattended. Enabling a password-protected screen saver to engage after a specified period of time helps protects critical and sensitive data from exposure to unauthorized personnel with physical access to the computer.
How do you bypass a screensaver password?
Expand Control Panel, and then click Display. In the right pane, double-click Password protect the screen saver. Select Disable on the Policy tab. This prevents users from setting passwords on screen savers for this computer or domain.
Does screensaver should require a password to start using the computer?
When you leave your computer, it’s best to start a screen saver that can only be turned off with a password. You should set up a screen saver that will start after your computer has been idle for… When you leave your computer, it’s best to start a screen saver that can only be turned off with a password.
How do I password protect my computer screen?
To set up a Screen Saver with Password Protection on Windows:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Click on Display to open the Display Properties window.
- Select the Screen Saver tab.
- In the Screen Saver section, select a screen saver from the selection list. …
- Check the “Password Protected” option.
Why should you use a screensaver on your computer?
A screensaver is a computer program that can be set to turn on after a period of user inactivity (when you leave your computer). It was first used to prevent damage to older monitors but is now used as a way to prevent viewing of desktop contents while the user is away.
How do I change my Uefi password?
Your computer’s UEFI settings screen will hopefully provide you with a password option that works similarly to a BIOS password. On Mac computers, reboot the Mac, hold Command+R to boot into Recovery Mode, and click Utilities > Firmware Password to set a UEFI firmware password.