Between those partnerships and its own products, Xfinity is able to offer a pretty comprehensive selection of home security devices. The company has even added glass break detectors as an add-on option since our last review.
How do I add window sensors to Xfinity Home?
On the Sensor & Zones screen, tap Add a Sensor/Zone. On the Locating Wireless Sensor screen, do the following, then tap Next. Activate the sensor by removing the plastic tab from the sensor’s back. Place the sensor face-up on a flat surface with the flat end faces touching each other.
How do you remove an Xfinity security sensor?
Place your thumb or finger on the top edge of the sensor cover and push/pull towards the end of the Sensor. The cover will slide a short distance and stop; you can then pull the cover off of the Sensor. After removing the cover, you may receive a tamper alert from your system.
Does Xfinity charge for false alarms?
The false alarms were both determined by an Xfinity technician to be a technical malfunction. Apparently Comcast has a policy not to reimburse or give credits for false alarms, even if they’re caused by malfunction.
What is a sensor jamming warning?
Touchscreen has detected an attempt to jam its communication with the sensors. Most likely, someone is using a device designed to scramble the radio frequency (RF) signal of the sensors. This could be a burglary in progress. Contact Customer Support. … Sensor named in this alert is dirty or dusty.
Can a dog bark set off a glass break sensor?
For starters, the bark of a dog may be enough to set off your glass break sensors, which can be a headache. … The higher the sensitivity, the more likely it is that your sensor is going to go off with barking. You can also change the position of your sensor to better accommodate barking.
Do glass break sensors work through walls?
The detector mounts in a wall or ceiling and listens to an area approximately 35 feet in all directions. Glass break detectors do not hear through walls or around corners or into a room because the door is open.
How do I reset my Xfinity security sensor?
Reset the Motion Sensor
- Press the bottom of the face and push up to remove the sensor from the battery cover.
- Remove both batteries from the motion detector.
- While holding down the tamper switch (C), insert one battery into the motion detector.
- Release the tamper switch after one to two seconds.
Can you call Comcast 24 7?
Chat with Xfinity
Get 24/7 help with any questions you have.
Can I use Xfinity Home security without service?
A high-speed internet connection in the installation address is required. That’s what the system uses to communicate with the monitoring center. However, you can use Xfinity Home even if Xfinity is not your internet service provider.
How do I access my Xfinity camera?
View Camera Feeds from Your X1 TV Box
- Using your Xfinity Voice Remote, press the microphone button and say “Show me my cameras.” This will open a thumbnail for each camera at the bottom of your screen. …
- Click the thumbnail to view live video.
How do I connect my Xfinity camera?
Prepare and Test Your System
- Make sure your router and touchscreen are both connected to your in-home network. …
- On your Home screen: …
- Enter your Master Keypad Code.
- On the Categories screen, tap Home Devices.
- On the Home Devices screen, tap Cameras.
- On the Cameras screen, tap Add a Camera.