1, open the client user interface, then click Symantec Endpoint Protection > Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection. You may be required to enter a password. In versions earlier than 14.0. 1 (14 RU1), click the Symantec Endpoint Protection client icon in the Menu bar, then click Uninstall.
How do I completely remove Symantec Endpoint Protection?
- Use the Windows key or icon to open the Start Menu.
- Go to Settings (icon looks like a gear). …
- Select Apps. …
- Locate and select Symantec Endpoint Protection in the list of apps. …
- Select Uninstall. …
- Continue to follow prompts to allow the application to uninstall.
How do I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection 14?
Select a connection. In the dialog box, click Properties. Select Symantec Endpoint Protection Firewall, and click Uninstall.
How do I uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without admin rights?
Try this TAKE A BACKUP of the
- Stop the SMC service.
- Delete the SmcInstData key located under HKLMSOFTWARESymantecSymantec Endpoint ProtectionSMC
- Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection uninstall.
Is CleanWipe safe?
It is recommended that users run CleanWipe in Windows Safe Mode so that no Symantec software is stored or cached when CleanWipe attempts to remove it. As mentioned above, CleanWipe is not available for public download. Other sites that claim to have this tool may be disguising spyware or other malware as this tool.
Is Symantec Endpoint Protection good?
Symantec Endpoint Protection serves as an excellent front-line antivirus solution for larger organizations who need to manage numerous computer systems, servers, and users. … SEP is particularly effective when paired with a second anti-malware solution, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
What is the uninstall password for Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Look for “SmcInstData” at the right pane, right click on it and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the registry key deletion. You can now uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without being prompted to enter a password.
Reset the Password to Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
How do I download Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Download Symantec software and tools
- On the Broadcom Support Portal, go to the Broadcom Download Center.
- Log in using your myBroadcom account.
- In the search box, search for your product by name, or browse the list of products.
- Click the product you are looking for.
How do I unlock Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Open a command prompt window. Navigate to the Tools subfolder in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager directory on the drive and location where you installed the manager. From the command line run the batch file named “resetpass. bat” This will reset the password to a default user name and password of admin/admin.
How do I repair Symantec Endpoint Protection client?
x installation of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager,
- Open Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program:
- Select the “Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager”
- Choose “Change”
- Click “Next”
- Select the Repair option and click “Next”
- Click “Install” and the repair will begin.
How do I run CleanWipe silently?
Open a command prompt and change directory to the CleanWipeapp folder. Type the following command: RunCleanWipe ‐silent. CleanWipe then uses its defaults to run without any user input.
How do I run Symantec CleanWipe?
- Copy the folder that contains Cleanwipe.exe to the computer on which you want to run it.
- Double-click Cleanwipe.exe, and then click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Select the Symantec products you want to remove, and then click Next twice.
Can uninstall Symantec Small Business Edition?
You can only uninstall the Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition client by using the Windows Add or Remove Programs utility.