Go to your gateway settings. Locate the Wireless section. The Wi-Fi network name is the Network ID (SSID). The Wi-Fi password is the Network Key.
How do I find my AT&T network security key?
You’ll find a sticker with the original Wi-Fi settings on the side of your gateway.
- The Wi-Fi name is ATT followed by the last 7 digits of the gateway serial number (SN), or the name printed by SSID.
- The Wi-Fi password is the 12-digit number labeled Wireless Network Key.
What is network security key for AT&T?
The network security key is used to provide a certain level of authorization and accessibility to the user regarding his wireless network connection or the computing device on which the client sends a request to connect with the AT&T network.
Where do I find my network security key number?
Finding a network security key on a Windows device
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click Network Connection.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on the wireless network icon.
- Go to Wireless Properties.
- Open the Security tab.
- Select Show Characters, and you’ll be able to see your network security key.
Is SSID and Sn the same?
The default Wi-Fi password or Wireless Key is the number between two bar codes. The Serial Number is the number above two barcodes. In this example, the SSID is 2WIRE110. The default Wi-Fi password or Wireless Network Key is below Mac Address, to the right of the barcode.
How can I tell if someone is using my AT&T Wi-Fi?
View specific devices connected to your home network
- Go to Smart Home Manager.
- Choose Network and then select Connected Devices. Only devices connected to your network will show.
- Choose the device you want to view. Once selected, you can change the device name for your network.
How do I change the security settings on my AT&T router?
Protect your network
- Go to your gateway settings.
- Select the Home Networks tab.
- In Key Things to do Using Your Gateway, select Wireless.
- Scroll to the Security section.
- In the Authentication drop-down, select WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK.
- Select Use custom Wireless Network Key.
- In the Key field, enter a new Wi-Fi password.
What is the network security key on router?
The network security key is better known as the Wifi or Wireless network password. This is the password that you use to connect to a wireless network. Each access point or router comes with a preset network security key that you can change in the settings page of the device.
What is a SSID number and where do I find it?
- From the Apps menu, select “Settings”.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Within the list of networks, look for the network name listed next to “Connected”. This is your network’s SSID.
Where do I find the SSID on my router?
Look for a sticker on your router.
- Left-click the wireless signal icon (most often located in bottom right corner of the desktop).
- Within the list of networks, look for the network name listed next to Connected. This is your network’s SSID.