Types of protection relays are mainly based on their characteristic, logic, on actuating parameter and operation mechanism. Based on operation mechanism protection relay can be categorized as electromagnetic relay, static relay and mechanical relay.
What are the types of protective relays?
Basic classification of protective relays includes:
- Electromagnetic Relays: Armature. Induction cup / induction disc.
- Static Relays: Analog input signals are processed by solid state devices.
- Digital / Numerical Relays: Uses programmable solid state devices based on digital signal processing.
What are the different types of protection?
Types of protection
- High-voltage transmission network. …
- Generator sets. …
- Overload and back-up for distance (overcurrent) …
- Earth fault/ground fault. …
- Distance (impedance relay) …
- Back-up. …
- Low-voltage networks. …
Which is an example of relay?
A relay allows circuits to be switched by electrical equipment: for example, a timer circuit with a relay could switch power at a preset time. For many years relays were the standard method of controlling industrial electronic systems.
What are the 5 applications of relay?
Applications of Relays in Electronic Circuits
- Relay Drive by Means of a Transistor.
- Relay Drive by Means of SCR.
- Relay Drive from External Contacts.
- LED Series and Parallel Connections.
- Electronic Circuit Drive by Means of a Relay.
- Power Source Circuit.
- PC Board Design Considerations.
What is the main objective of protection?
Ensure that each object is accessed correctly and only by allowed processes.
Which relay is used in transformer?
Relays for Transformer Protection
|SL||Voltage Ratio and Capacity of Transformer||Common Relays|
|9||400/220KV 315MVA||Differential Relay Overflux Relay Buchholz Relay OLTC Buchholz Relay PRV Relay OT Trip Relay WT Trip Relay Over Load (Alarm) Relay|