K9 Web Protection was a software product developed by Blue Coat, Inc. to filter and restrict Internet access. The software was adopted by businesses to restrict employees from wasting time on unproductive websites and to prevent users from accessing malware.
Is K9 Web Protection legitimate?
K9 is an effective Web filter for parents. It’s easy to use, won’t take up noticeable system resources and can even guard against keyword searches. With nothing to pay, it’s well worth checking out.
How do I use K9 Web Protection?
Setup K9 Web Protection on a computer at home.
- Setup K9 Web Protection on a computer at home.
- Open your internet browser and visit http://www.k9webprotection.com. …
- Click Next. …
- Remember your password you will need it to block or allow websites in future.
Does K9 Web Protection work on Windows 10?
If you are using the K9 Web Protection application, then you might of tried running it in Safe Mode on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer. This application worked fine in Safe mode in the previous versions of Windows. However, it seems that it often causes some issues in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Is K9 filter still active?
it was decided to “end-of-life” K9 Web Protection and focus corporate and customer attention on Symantec’s line of Norton™ products. Effective immediately, K9 Web Protection is no longer available for purchase or download. Technical Support for K9 will end on June 30, 2019.
Is K9 Web Protection free?
K9 Web Protection is proprietary software which is free for home use. It is possible to have multiple licenses, and every computer needs a separate license.
How do I unblock K9 Web Protection?
To get started with unrestricted browsing, simply type the URL for the desired site into the text box found beneath the introductory text on the screen and click the “Go” tab to bypass the K9 Web Filter settings. Go to the TrendySurf-On proxy to be able to work around K9 Web Filters and other Internet restrictions.
What are two things that a Web filter does?
In general, Web filters work in two distinct ways. They can block content as determined by quality of the site, by consulting known lists which document and categorize popular pages across all genres of content. Or, they can evaluate the content of the page live and block it accordingly.
How do I get rid of BCKD?
How to Remove bckd. sys^
- Right-click in the Windows taskbar (a bar that appears along the bottom of the Windows screen) and select Task Manager on the menu.
- In the Tasks Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- On the Processes tab, select bckd. sys and click End Process.
How do I get rid of Bluecoat?
Open WinX menu by holding Windows and X keys together, and then click Programs and Features.
- b. Look for Blue Coat ProxyClient in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
- b. Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- c. …
- d. …
- e. …
- f. …
- g. …