Can the administrator account be locked out?
To answer the original question, you can lock out the administrator account, but by default it does not stay locked out. As long as we still have your attention, take the time to review our recommended practices on securing built-in administrator accounts in Active Directory .
How do I reset my Symantec admin password?
To reset the administrator password
Locate the Drive:Program FilesSymantecSymantec Endpoint Protection ManagerTools folder. Double-click resetpass. bat. The user name and password are reset to admin.
How do I reset my Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager password 14?
To reset a forgotten password
On the management server computer, click Start > All Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager >Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. 2. In the Logon screen, click Forgot your password? 3.
How do I access a locked administrator account?
Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen. Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart. Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears. Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.
How do I unlock my domain administrator?
Select the domain administrator account and then click on “Reset Password” button. The program will prompt you to confirm the password unlocking operation. After confirmation, it will unlock / enable your domain administrator account, and also change the password to a new one: Password123. All things are almost done!
How do I remove password protection from antivirus?
Using password-protected uninstallation
- Select the target domain or host.
- Go to the Settings tab and select the Centralized management page.
- Under Uninstallation password, click Set password.
- In the Set uninstallation password dialog, enter and confirm the password that you want to use, then click OK.
How do I restart Symantec Endpoint Protection?
To stop the Symantec Management Client service manually from the Windows follow the below steps: Click Start. Click Run.
Type smc -stop
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- Type smc -start.
How do you disable Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Temporarily disabling the SEP client
- In the top menu bar, to the far right, click the Symantec QuickMenu icon.
- From the drop-down list, select Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- From the drop-down list, select Disable Virus and Spyware Protection, then repeat for Disable Network Threat Protection.
What is the uninstall password for Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Look for “SmcInstData” at the right pane, right click on it and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the registry key deletion. You can now uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection without being prompted to enter a password.
Reset the Password to Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
How do I change my Symantec Endpoint Protection password?
Follow the below steps to set up a password:
- Open the console manager.
- Click Clients.
- Select Policies tab.
- Click on General Settings.
- Select Security Settings tab.
- Select Require a password to uninstall the client.
- Type the <password> in the box.
- Click OK.
How do I unlock Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Open a command prompt window. Navigate to the Tools subfolder in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager directory on the drive and location where you installed the manager. From the command line run the batch file named “resetpass. bat” This will reset the password to a default user name and password of admin/admin.
How do I download Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager?
Download Symantec software and tools
- On the Broadcom Support Portal, go to the Broadcom Download Center.
- Log in using your myBroadcom account.
- In the search box, search for your product by name, or browse the list of products.
- Click the product you are looking for.