To create a comprehensive security plan, you need the following items in place: security policy, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures.
What are good components of an organizational information security policy?
Information security objectives
Confidentiality—only individuals with authorization canshould access data and information assets. Integrity—data should be intact, accurate and complete, and IT systems must be kept operational. Availability—users should be able to access information or systems when needed.
What are the organizational security policies?
An organizational security policy is a set of rules or procedures that is imposed by an organization on its operations to protect its sensitive data.
What are the five components of a security policy?
It relies on five major elements: confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, and non-repudiation.
What are the three types of security policies?
The security policy dictates in general words that the organization must maintain a malware-free computer system environment.
Three main types of policies exist:
- Organizational (or Master) Policy.
- System-specific Policy.
- Issue-specific Policy.
What is a security policy and why does an organization need security policy?
Security policies protect your organization’s critical information/intellectual property by clearly outlining employee responsibilities with regard to what information needs to be safeguarded and why.
What are the six security services?
6 IT Security Services to Build Your Cybersecurity Foundation
- Pre- and post-security and vulnerability assessments. …
- Incident response plan development. …
- Intrusion prevention and detection. …
- Remote access and mobility. …
- Endpoint protection. …
- Multi-factor authentication.
What are the key elements of security?
An effective security system comprises of four elements: Protection, Detection, Verification & Reaction.
What are the components of security plan?
Elements of a Security Plan
- Physical security. Physical security is the physical access to routers, servers, server rooms, data centers, and other parts of your infrastructure. …
- Network security. …
- Application and application data security. …
- Personal security practices.