The Earth’s natural resources include air, water, soil, minerals, fuels, plants, and animals. Conservation is the practice of caring for these resources so all living things can benefit from them now and in the future. … Other resources, such as fossil fuels, cannot be replaced at all.
Why is it important to protect Earth’s land resources?
Conserving environmental resources
Protecting land offers numerous environmental benefits. Conserving land and open space can provide habitat for native plants and animals, and enhance ecosystem services.
Why do we need to protect the earth?
Healthy ecosystems clean our water, purify our air, maintain our soil, regulate the climate, recycle nutrients and provide us with food. They provide raw materials and resources for medicines and other purposes. They are at the foundation of all civilisation and sustain our economies.
How can we help protect Earth’s land and water?
Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. …
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. …
- Educate. …
- Conserve water. …
- Choose sustainable. …
- Shop wisely. …
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. …
- Plant a tree.
How can we protect our land?
Land protection methods:
- Conservation easements;
- Land donations;
- Acquire land for resale with restrictions added;
- Purchase or bargain sale;
- Life estates;
- Donations of land or conservation easements by will.
How can we save our land?
- Conserve at least 25 percent of open space in each community.
- Protect sustainably-managed forests to support our forest-based economy.
- Secure key habitats to preserve the biodiversity of our native plants and animals.
- Keep our waters clean to ensure we all have enough clean drinking water.
Why is the Earth important to humans?
The earth is abundant with living things such as plants, animals, water, air, and human beings. … The earth provides for us a place to live, a place to sustain our humanly needs. The earth gives us food, shelter, air, and basically everything we need to survive.
What will happen if we do not take care of the Earth?
A Clean Environment Is Essential for Healthy Living: The more you don’t care about our environment, the more it will become polluted with contaminants and toxins that have a harmful impact on our health. Air pollution can cause respiratory diseases and cancer, among other problems and diseases.